• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
judley

205 Bonnet Clearance

judley

Hi guys. Looking for some advice on a bonnet clearance issue with a Lynx supercharger conversion. The inlet is fouling on the bonnet such that it won't close. I'm aware of the inlet mod that Lynx can do so was trying to get a scoop grafted onto the bonnet. I let my local bodyshop loose and they have formed a scoop from the existing bonnet but its too close to the slam panel area so they've put it too far forward. What are other people doing to get round this issue - does the auto bonnet provide enough clearance etc.?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

George

welshpug

arry just got a shorter inlet afaik.

judley

arry just got a shorter inlet afaik.

Already talked to Lynx about doing that mate but I'm short of time. Any other thoughts?

Daxed

George,

Lynx used the shortened inlet manifold on my 205 with std (non auto) bonnet.

Your body-shop has made a scoop and it still doesn't work? Was the charger installed at the time? Got any pictures?

I don't think you will find many people with the same issue as you as everyone will go with the manifold option that suits the 205.

Exchanging your manifold for the modified one seems to be the obvious way forwards. You say time is important, if you need the car for a certain date, then further cut/shut work on the bonnet or a latching system that lets you run with the bonnet in a slightly raised position will have to do if you cant get the manifold swapped in time.

Drop Rich an email and see if he is aware of anyone using the standard manifold with an auto bonnet, he's back from holiday now.

judley

George,

Lynx used the shortened inlet manifold on my 205 with std (non auto) bonnet.

Your body-shop has made a scoop and it still doesn't work? Was the charger installed at the time? Got any pictures?

I don't think you will find many people with the same issue as you as everyone will go with the manifold option that suits the 205.

Exchanging your manifold for the modified one seems to be the obvious way forwards. You say time is important, if you need the car for a certain date, then further cut/shut work on the bonnet or a latching system that lets you run with the bonnet in a slightly raised position will have to do if you cant get the manifold swapped in time.

Drop Rich an email and see if he is aware of anyone using the standard manifold with an auto bonnet, he's back from holiday now.

Thanks for your reply mate, much appreciated. The problem with the scoop that has been done is the silly buggers have made it too close to the front {pretty much over the slam panel}. I have spoken with Rich and will have one more go at modifying the bonnet for an additional scoop if there's any metal left on it :-O