• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Woody999

1.9Gti Exhaust

Woody999

I started a topic recently about how fast we remember the 205 to be years ago. It was placed into the general chat section but since it started I have realised that it really was just my 205 that was slow and it has now became technical.

I am in Western Australia so the 205 really is a rare car I know of only my one and another about a hundred miles away. from my last post on the general chat section I think it has been narrowed to a breathing issue with the car.

I have checked my exhaust, the down pipe into the cat the with a vernier is 59mm, then from the cat a small section about a foot long to the middle box is only 42mm. after the middle box for the rest of the rear section which is new is 51mm.

This can`t be right is it?? surely this middle pipe is too thin?

I am not sure of the history of the exhaust and as it is rare I think they may have just made up a section to suit, it may not even be the correct cat... :unsure:

Woody999

looking at some of the exhaust diagrams it appears that the section in question is part of the cat/downpipe section of a 3 piece exhaust.

could I have the cat/downpipe of the 100bhp export model fitted to my car causing a restriction?

pug_ham

It does sound like you have the wrong cat / downpipe fitted which would definately cause a restriction.

I don't know about the austrailian 205 GTI's but all the XU engined 205's with a cat in the UK have the same diameter tube to the centre box out of the cat as the rest of the system afaik.

g

Miles

Cheap pattern CAT's are like this, Only because OE ones are well over £300.00 but I don;t think you can even buy OE ones anymore

pug_ham
I don;t think you can even buy OE ones anymore

All cat's were showing as NFP on service box earlier.:(

g

welshpug

not a massive problem though, as mosy aftermarkey custom exhaust manufacturers like longlife etc can do a replacement unit to your spec for alot less than o,e prices

Woody999

Would this be enough to cause a 0-100kmh time of just under 11 seconds though?? :(

I will conceed that like most Gti`s when they get to 180,000km they are tired but 11 seconds, I have a 2000 plate ford ka with a 1.3 duratec motor running on 91ron that would be about 13seconds ;)

cheers

Sign in to follow this