• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dylan l

Peugeot 106 16V Crank Angle

Dylan l

I'm in the middle of converting the car to 16v.

The engine I'm using is a 1.6 tu5jp4 with a be4 gearbox, the car is running but is idling at about 3000 revs.

I think that the crank angle is wrong.

could someone tell me what Tooth number is aligned with sensor at TDC? or Crank angle when missing tooth aligns with sensor.

Thanks in advence

Dylan

Sandy

It's approx 117 degrees BTDC on most management, but needs to be checked. The three pin CPS is preferable to the two pin on aftermarket systems, more reliable.

Most likely cause though, is that the ICV is open.

welshpug

isnt the be4 sensor position slightly different to the ma one? or is it just the sensor itself thats different?

Dylan l

It's approx 117 degrees BTDC on most management, but needs to be checked. The three pin CPS is preferable to the two pin on aftermarket systems, more reliable.

Most likely cause though, is that the ICV is open.

Is the ICV open or closed if it isn't connected?

It has a 3 pin cps from a 306.

The car was running with an idle 1000 rpm, when it was fitted to the 8v xu and be3 gearbox.

Am I right in thinking that the crank sensor is on top of the gearbox in the be3 gearbox, and more in front of be4.

Edited by Dylan l

welshpug

which ecu are you using?

location of the crank sensor varies on the be4 depending on which engine it bolts to, but on the TU they are on the front, DW and EW they are like all BE3's at the top.

Dylan l

which ecu are you using?

location of the crank sensor varies on the be4 depending on which engine it bolts to, but on the TU they are on the front, DW and EW they are like all BE3's at the top.

Megasquirt.

It's bolted to a tujp4 from a citroen zsara vtr.

Sandy

The ICV will be where it was when shut of last. You'll need to remove it and manually close it or blank the hole.

You can't guess the lead angle very well, you need to make a true TDC mark and use a timing light. Bearing in mind that wasted spark will show double true angle on the timing light.

RossD

If the engine you have was originally using an MA gearbox and you are now using a BE4 gearbox, then yes your crank angle will now be about 12 degrees out! I have some pictures of the different positions of the sensors in my project thread - It was easy enough to correct the crank angle with a strobe on mine though as I use aftermarket management.

welshpug

knew I wasnt imagining it!