• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Clutch Cable Spring Help! How Does It Fit?

johnhenry

afternoon

Have fitted new clutch cable, have removed pedal to access the attachment from the pedal to the cable. the spring fell off as the pedal was being removed, I have NOOO idea how it is supposed to fit/go back together :/

anyone who knows please let me know

CHeers

John

m4rCu5

hello pal,

i fitted a clutch cable on my nephews 1.6 on saturday ,are you still having problems ?? if you are let me know and i'll send you a pici

of our Matty's clutch pedal, and a good close-up of the spring,

hopefully you have sussed it by now, its pretty simple, anyway let me know pal

M

johnhenry

Morning all

I found myself back at this point yesterday, I followed the photograph in the other thread, and the pedal is being 'sprung' the wrong way it would appear, with the effort being constantly depressed, not returning to the upright position.

Is this normal? is this what it should do? Had virtually no sleep with work so im guessing i've missed something really really important.

BE1 gearbox with BE3 arm.

Has a Be1 Cable on it as this is shorter - thinking about it, i'm likely to need a be3 aren't I?

rallysteve

The pedal spring on the clutch pedal is designed to pull the pedal down to the floor. The spring is much weaker than the spring of the clutch plate though so the pedal spring just keeps the pedal clip taught into the cable end.

Steve

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this