• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tyerz

2.0 8V Turbo Help Needed Asap Please

tyerz

I'm hoping somone can help this is driving me crazy, I have put a 2.0 8v turbo in my 306 and when it comes upto temp it smokes like a 60 a day habbit!

I had a spare block and pistons which has been rebored and mahle pistons to suit, fitted this and still smokes, so decided it must be the stem seals put new stem seals in it and again as soon as it hits temp it smokes, both times we have bore scoped it and found oil in the dish of the piston.

There is no oil in any of the boost pipes so not getting in that way so now I'm totally lost....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

stuart1298

f***ed turbo?

Miles

If it's never been serviced then the Turbo sounds like the cause

tyerz

i respect your answers and thankyou for the replys but i cant see how oil can get into the combustion chamber from the turbo if its not coming through the inlet?

im not majorly up on turbo engines so there may be a logical reason for it being the turbo that im not aware of?

the other thing iv been thinking of recently is maybe the rear engine mount is too long and is causing the engine to sit too far on the tilt could this be a logical reason for it?

jonnyturbo

majority of these engines suffer mostly with the turbo smoking (really bad) when getting/up to temp which is why most people said turbo

Tom Fenton

As others have said, turbo is the next thing to look at.

Some oil on the piston isn't all that unusual. However if the turbo seals are u/s is can be pushing oil into the turbine side, this is hot enough for that oil to burn/smoke.

tyerz

theres a little oil and then there is what was in mine lol there was literally puddles off it in the pistons.

managed to get an hour on it today and looked into the engine tilt issue had a quick measure up and the mount my mate made and fitted was about 90mm extended so gonna ask him which tape measure he used for that and tell him to bin it as i asked him to do it by 25mm which is what i had read to extend it by

but to cut a long storey short dropped it off the back mount and ran her up and bingo no smoke, was a little on start up but assumed that was just clearing what was in the pistons but ran her for a good 20mins and nothing.

but thankyou all for your replys and taking the time to do so they really are appreciated but looks like we may have sorted it

jonnyturbo

must of been on a serious slant then as they are slanted alot in the first place :lol: glad you fixed the problem and it wasnt the turbo.

tyerz

it was on some serious tilt lol, i took the rocker cover off to check what oil was being held up top and it hadnt been ran for 3 days and it was full.

a very expensive mistake but sorted non the less i now know my engine is practially brand new so should be good for alot of miles :)

Sign in to follow this