• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

205 Original Key Blanks

marksorrento205

Does anyone know if you can still get the chinese copies that were on ebay a couple of years ago? I have searched on here but only older topics came up where links are out of date. I could do with one thats all. Any links would be greatfull :)

Cheers

McDude

If you do find out I'd be up for some of them too. I did search international eBay and there are 'genuine' Pug keys coming out of Hong Kong, but only for newer vehicles.

marksorrento205

Yeah will do :) I do have a feeling that I will end up with a later style one though :(

marksorrento205

I will get the translater out and let you know :lol: Good idea to look there though!!

engine killer

I did have spare keys cut a few years ago here in Hong Kong. They do look very much like the original apart from missing the "NEIMAN FRANCE" on it. If there is enough demand I don't mind to check out whether the shop still have them.

marksorrento205

If you dont mind that would be great. Depending on cost I would not mind doing a group by at this end. You post them to me and I would send them on to interested parties :)

Drop me a pm when if you manage to find anyhthing out.

marksorrento205

Legend! I typed in peugeot key blanks too. What a cock I am to miss them :lol:

marksorrento205

Right ordered one tuesday night and it arrived today. Looks ok too. The actual key bit is slightly longer but who cares about that :) I am going to get it cut early next week and I will post up a picture of the orginal and the ebay one side by side so you can see the difference.

Paul_13

Just ordered a few myself :)

Redtop

Nearly sure I replyed to a thread like this last year, but I got old blanks out of our old dealership that closed 11 years ago and they were made by 'Curtis'. they look the same as the old 205 ones, but without the lion logo obviously. I think that 'curtis' key group is a uk company and maybe still trading and worth checking out?? The one you will get from peugeot dealerships now if you order one is the tear drop key the same as a phase 1 106 key. I did that away back in 2007 when I thought I was getting a new '205' key.

Paul_13

Got mine through, look slightly different and have a different feel to them. No Pug logo either, but i'm happy with them as they are not the later key blank design ( which I hate)

th_IMAG0341.jpg

chipstick

Once bitten twice shy with getting car keys cut. Timpson's made a hash of mine.

I ruined my original lock set by getting a spare cut and trying it. My new lock set has broken black plastic end caps, but I would rather have that and make do than ruin another lock :lol:

Unless it's easy to pull the cover off and refit it on an original key somehow?

marksorrento205

Just had my new key cut without any drama's :) It does the job and looks a hell of a lot better than a larger modern one.

Chipstick - you must have had a right f***whitt cut your key :(

th_SAM_1875.jpg

chipstick

Chipstick - you must have had a right f***whitt cut your key :(

Yeah, that describes him quite well.

Took him about 30 seconds to do it, was impressed he did it by hand not in a new machine.

Went back to the carpark and tried it and then after when I looked at it you could see how pronounced the ends were. 22 years of wear on the key made quite a difference. I am not sure if they correct thing to do is grind the ends down slightly to account for that but he didn't do any of that.

What made it worse than having to change the lockset, was when I went back to say it had ruined the locks and he smiled and said 'old car init'. Luckily he took the key back and refunded me before I sliced his face with the blade :lol:

cybernck

He's now got your car key though! :ph34r::lol:.

chipstick

He's now got your car key though! :ph34r::lol:.

As the locks were ruined I changed them, so that key won't be much use :lol:

marksorrento205

I have just measured the keys out of interest. the original one is 58mm and the new one is 62.5mm. 4.5mm difference if it matters.

kingboyk

The guy on eBay who used to sell the blanks with a Peugeot logo ran out some time ago - I placed an order and he discovered he had none left. This was last year if not before. Shame. Still want a Pug branded blank or 2 if any turn up.

kingboyk

BTW, where would I find the code for my key? I gather there's a key number for each car and that give that number to the locksmith and they can cut an identical one, just don't know where to find the number.

chipstick

BTW, where would I find the code for my key? I gather there's a key number for each car and that give that number to the locksmith and they can cut an identical one, just don't know where to find the number.

You give them your original like you would do with your house key, and they replicate the shape.

Ams

Just a heads up on this, I've found an Ebayer that sells very good OEM look replica keys with the Niemer France/Lion logo and they appear to have the correct length.

Link to the eBay shop is here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-CLASSIC-PEUGEOT-205-KEY-BLANK-cles-CLEF-LLAVE-309-405-MI16-GTI-CTI-RENAULT-4-5-/351349924795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51ce1663bb