• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

205 Gti6 Lambda Sensor?

chipstick

Got a stainless system to go on the 205 (many thanks Miles :) )

It has a lambda nut on it, with a bolt plugging it, so I presume the previous owner didn't run a lambda sensor.

Typically it's gone so tight that it rounded off with an impact gun, so I wish I hadn't started messing :lol:

I imagine the GTi6 ECU relies on a signal from a lambda sensor, so I will have to get another nut welded on to fit a sensor in. If it doesn't cause a problem to not run one, then I have saved a job if I can get away with it.

Any bright ideas how the get the bugger out?

welshpug

yes it is required, they'll run a bit rich without one

chipstick

Seen those bolt removers before and was always tempted by a set but have gotten away in the past with making do without.

My worry with those though, is that if the 18v impact gun can't remove it, I may not be any better off buying those.

That's what I thought. I am getting some welding done soon, so will get that done at the same time. At least the threads will be fresh for the lambda then too.

Am I right in saying the wider bit of the nut gets lowered into the hole and welded/filled on top and around?

I seriously need to learn how to weld myself. A friend did suggest buying a starter welder, getting some sheet metal and make some boxes and just practice.

Paul_13

Don't get just a 'gas less' welder, you want to have gas with it ideally.

Gasless wire is s*ite!

Daviewonder

If you've rounded of the blanking plug just get a nut welded onto it and use a breaker bar to undo it.

Sign in to follow this