• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kentish_lad

Recomend Me A Box Please

Artemide

I apologize for being a retard, but I can´t figure out the way to use the calculating system in the excel sheets. Therefore I have a small request. Could somebody please calculate me some speeds?

If I use the 5th from mi16 and put it into gti, then what are the revs?

4th at 40mph

5th at 40 mph?

petert

Mi16 5th with 4.43 cwp is 31.4 km/h per 1000 rpm

Mi16x4 5th with 4.43 cwp is 29.4 km/h per 1000 rpm

205 GTi 5th with 4.43 cwp is 27.5 km/h per 1000 rpm

Thus an Mi16x4 5th at 4000 rpm would be doing 117.6 km/h. Perfect!

Many enthusiasts get hung up about Mi16's doing too many revs. It's an engine which is designed to rev and will produce excellent fuel economy at those revs.

Get your calculator out.

Edited by petert

Artemide

Thus an Mi16x4 5th at 4000 rpm would be doing 117.6 km/h. Perfect!

Many enthusiasts get hung up about Mi16's doing too many revs. It's an engine which is designed to rev and will produce excellent fuel economy at those revs.

Didn´t know the second bit about fuel economy, that´s really nice. But the problem is that the gti isn´t very well isolated when things come to noise and at 4000rpm it sounds like a war is about to start. Not mentioning 5000-7000rpm-explosion.

But thank you all very much. I think i´m going to use the Gti´s box with mi16x4 5th gear :).

petert

I've been driving around all week with the GTi/Mi16x4/4.43 cwp combo in my 405. It's lush.

S@m

Slightly off topic - but i remember reading an original 1.9 405 mi16 handbook from my friends car - it states the most economical cruising speed as 78mph - handy since its over all speed limits in this country. So as says, they can make decent economy at revs, unsure exactly what revs 78mphwould be on a standard 1.9 mi16 box though.

petert

, unsure exactly what revs 78mphwould be on a standard 1.9 mi16 box though.

3980 rpm

welshpug

intriguing, I had noticed my 1.9 8 valver wasn't too bad cruising at 78 :lol: even better at 56 though ;)