• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanielKamar

1.6 Running Problems

DanielKamar

Well.. I'm kinda of going nuts with the car! Change the TPS, changed the Afm, sparkplugs and leads, distributor.. and I keep having the same problem!

As i step on the gas pedal, the car almost dies! The idle drops and it almost goes off! But if i step again, the it rev's and i cant run it fine! It only happen when i step on low revs, like when i stop and start at an intersection and step on gas to move again! When on high rev's it works fine..

Any ideas? :unsure:

many thanks mates!

smithy

Have you checked all the basics like setting throttle flap and TPS basically do the fuel injection checks as described in Haynes manual?

Have you changed filters,plugs,dizzy cap and rotor arm?also has it been on a gas analyser to see what co% is?

Also check fir air leaks favourite places are bolt for oil filler neck on inlet manifold,hoses to and fromSAD and the SAD body itself can be loose causing air leaks.

A worn vac advance capsule will also cause an air leak

As you can see there are numerous things that can cause running issues that you need to check. Try doing a search and loads of info will come up.

DamirGTI

Advance the ignition timing a few degrees , and see if it gets better ..

Damir B)

Sign in to follow this