• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djvu205

Where To Buy Sl434 Speedlines

djvu205

i have been wondering where i would find a supplier of speedline wheels in the uk or europe at a resonible rate? it seems that when you search for these wheels its a bit hit and miss other than speedline themselves but there website dont list the SL434. i am also trying to find someone that would ship to Australia at a resonible cost? any help appreciated

opps i just checked there site again and found they are now listed on there? is this the only place to buy them?

Edited by djvu205

feb

Peugeotsportshop in France used to sell them.

They occasionally come up for sale in french petites annonces websites.

Edited by feb

cRaig

I bought my set directly from speedline corse in Telford, Shropshire.

I dont know if they normally do direct sales to customers, but they were very friendly, and gave me a bit of discount as well! :)

Speedline Contact Info

lemmingzappa

I'm sure Baz will be able to help you with this :)

Henry Yorke

The person who set up Revolution (Glenn Campbell) used to be the treasurer of the PSC and had a mag featured Gutmann tuned Miami. He then bought a WRX and is into his Scooby tuning now IIRC. He had a set of SL434s in stock not so long ago.

calvinhorse

The person who set up Revolution (Glenn Campbell) used to be the treasurer of the PSC and had a mag featured Gutmann tuned Miami. He then bought a WRX and is into his Scooby tuning now IIRC. He had a set of SL434s in stock not so long ago.

what kind of person knows this stuff?

• Like 1

Ludi

what kind of person knows this stuff?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well informed. ;):D

djvu205

thanks for the info guys i have a few good leads to follow up on. as long as i can get some reasonible shipping it should work out nice. just one more thing do the wheels stick out much on th front? i have c5 alloys on there atm and they are 6" wide with et 18 offset. these rims sit flush or nearly past the guards at this size so do the 6.75" rims stick out on front? is there something else im missing or need to be aware of?

Baz

They don't stick out too bad at all, this is with 205 rear beam with ZX arms & drum brakes & 309 front running gear;

th_015.jpg

th_156.jpg

th_34676_407759017458_500992458_4215764_8377901_n.jpg

Edited by Baz

djvu205

They don't stick out too bad at all, this is with 205 rear beam with ZX arms & drum brakes & 309 front running gear;

th_015.jpg

th_156.jpg

th_34676_407759017458_500992458_4215764_8377901_n.jpg

they look good Baz anyone got any more detailed pics showing the wheel on the front with steering straight. i am pretty sure the rears will fit but the fronts bother me a tad.

DRTDVL

I'm running some speedline's Turini - 2120 with a 16p offset which are 6.5inches wide, i've got a decent amount of space between the wheel and the anti-rollbar plate / inner wheel arch and tons of space on the outside of the wheel and the outer arch.

Use this to work out the exact measurements for clearance.

http://www.1010tires...tcalculator.asp

Edited by DRTDVL

Baz

they look good Baz anyone got any more detailed pics showing the wheel on the front with steering straight. i am pretty sure the rears will fit but the fronts bother me a tad.

I don't think i have i'm afraid no, but they're really not bad, i appreciate some of those pics look like they stick out a mile, but they're basically in-line with the arch trim, plus bear in mind that's with slightly wider 309-running gear.

stu8v

I delt with this guy, very helpful in getting me some Grp N tarmac spec wheels for my old Impreza track car. Good prices too given they where 7.5 x 17 about 150 ish each and shipped direct from Italy

Ivor Braiden - SL Corse Ltd ibraiden@speedlinecorse.co.uk

Redtop

I delt with this guy, very helpful in getting me some Grp N tarmac spec wheels for my old Impreza track car. Good prices too given they where 7.5 x 17 about 150 ish each and shipped direct from Italy

Ivor Braiden - SL Corse Ltd ibraiden@speedlinecorse.co.uk

Yeah I dealt with Ivor too, he's 100%. I think I got the last set of sl434's that he had though back in july 2008 in Telford. Mine were in genuine peugeot part numbered boxes, but they have the smaller centre cap unlike the original rally wheels as what Baz has. Worth giving him a shout to see, as he might have some more since then or be able to source some, as he was very helpful with me.

Edited by Redtop

djvu205

can anyone confirm the offset of these wheels? i always thought that they where et8. after trolling throught the net have seen that some say bthey are et 15 and some say other?

if they are et8 they will definately stick out past the guards on the front of my 205. its a 1990 australian delivered s2 and the front track is considerabley wider than the rear.

the c5 citroen rims on it now that are 6" x 15" et18 sit flush with the guards on the front. if i was to put 6.75" et8 they would stick out past the guards 20mm?

am i missing something here i used the above calc to check and even laid it out on autocad. even if i change the hubs and get them to sit in more (10mm) they would still stick out?

can they be machined on the back or bought with different offsets.

i can understand Drtdvl's wheels fitting as they are 1/4 " narrower and et 15. i think?

Edited by djvu205

Baz

434's are ET8 only, 431's or something may be 15?

The Aus 205's may have what we'd call 1.6 front running gear, smaller amount of splines on the hub ends of the shafts, 247mm disc with large offset, bendix alloy front calipers?

If so, yes this setup is wider than a 1.9, but these wheels still fit as i have done, they still sit just in-line with the plastic arch trim, it's only a little margin wider than the 309 setup really.

Edited by Baz

Henry Yorke

post-3457-0-83105000-1309029053_thumb.jpg

The best pic I have to hand, though I do have Gutmann arches which are slightly wider. I am on a 309 front set up with the 1.9 (309) hubs. If you were on 1.6 hubs then they would stick out some more over standard. I know the back catches on each side of the plastic arch as they are wider so little chance of running a lowered 309 set up at the rear on these wheels

djvu205

My link

in attached link 3rd post down is not my car but same kit, same color.

thanks for the help guys im still keen on these wheels and im looking into replacing my front hubs which will reduce the overall track around 20mm. im also planning to run a full zender body kit which helps hide the wheels a bit also. oh by the way what is the best way to insert pics on this forum?

Edited by djvu205

SurGie

434's are ET8 only, 431's or something may be 15?

Did you mean the 341's as iv not heard of the 431's ?

Baz

No i meant 431's, the 7" versions, a quick search would've cleared that up! ;)

SurGie

Sorry Baz but they are called '341''s not 431's of which has the same design but 7 inch wide.

Do you know if they are ET15 with them being the same style for the extra width the 309 has compered to the 205 width of which you know.

I think Swedishbob member has a set on his red 205 build.

Baz

Do you have a set? Can you prove that?

Sander knows but gets mixed up too, one number is the 7x15's, the other are the 7x13's. I don't really care to argue which way around it is.

SurGie

Its not about arguing or who's right, its about posting the correct info on this forum, do you not agree ?

THIS is where i saw them. Its a fantastic project that im envious about tbh.

JakeMathias

Really want some of these if anybody have a set up for sale ?