• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Collier

205 Gti 1.9 0-60

bensonmi

best std box iv had on a 1.9 is a mi16 box, just a shame about the gap between 4th and 5th. i think a lot depends on how healthy the engine is also.

just my oppinion :)

Flozman

So does anyone actually have any data or more to the point is anyone up for a showdown? B)

Tesstuff

So does anyone actually have any data or more to the point is anyone up for a showdown? B)

Yeah Flozman, me against you in a v5 race, winner takes the others car and v5...deal? :D

16v205

I have some data, its a bit vague as it was a few years back but I can still remember the general timings.

Unfortunatly its not directly comparable with a standard 1.6 or 1.9, but I suppose its all relevant to the cause.

My fastest standard 205 mi16 1/4 mile with full trim was using a 1.6 gearbox - 14.7s vs 14.9s with a 1.9 gearbox. Same car, same road tyres, same 2.2s 60ft, same drivers.

My current 205 ran several 13.6s 1/4 mile on a gti-6 gearbox changing into 5th, with a 1.9 box running across the line in 4th we could only manage 13.7/8s and around 2mph slower terminal speed. Again I thought a longer 1st would help the 60ft times and overall give a better run but didnt work out that way. Same road tyres, drivers, 2.2 60fts etc

Over the years my brother and I have ran hundreds of 1/4m starts, importantly were fairly consistent now.

As for bum on the seat feelings, my cars nearly 100bhp and 70lbft up on a standard 1.9 and the 1.9 gearbox still makes it feel lazy.

Rich

harryskid

Which is best 1600 or 1900 gear box ?. I asked Harry Hill and he said "FIGHT" :o

Sign in to follow this