• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

205/309 Drive Shaft Boot Kit.

SurGie

Hi members,

As title please, i'm looking for a full 309 gti drive shaft boot kit that look as original as the ones that are on them now, the ones on e-bay dont look too good.

So can someone link me to a site that sells them like originals instead of going to the stealer's as they most will be NFP.

Cheers G

welshpug

The last pair I got from GSF were boxed GKN and Corrteco, they were identical and looked the same as the ones that came off the original shafts, did the job.

They aren't NFP from the dealers though, but are bloody expensive.

SurGie

Nice one WP, ill go to GSF then.

Cheers G :)

Miles

Get to the dealers, The GSF ones are no where as good as the Pug ones, And yes they still sell them

SurGie

Right ok then, thanks for that Miles.

You see, im going to get my shafts repainted all new etc and i dont want to have to refit another set of boots because they split or something far too quickly.

Ill give them a bell later on.

Cheers G

pug_ham

I've used the AMK stretchy boot kits from my local motorfactors, quick & easy to fit (admittedly you need the cone streching tool) but have you tried Motaquip or neat autos for them?

Graham.

SurGie

Thanks Graham.

I just tried Neat Auto's but they dont seem to show pics or price. Ill give them a bell when i have time and find out more. If i can get them cheaper but with good quality, then thats the main thing tbh.

Cheers G

Tom Fenton

The stretch boots are great for repairing run of the mill stuff, but I've known the boots swell and go all pappy quite soon on a car used in anger. I've got an air powered stretch tool, its great!

pug_ham

George, Neat's website isn't great for finding parts for the 205 but give them a call to see if they can get them.

The stretch boots are great for repairing run of the mill stuff, but I've known the boots swell and go all pappy quite soon on a car used in anger.

I've only had one issue but that was my own fault for tightening the inner clip to much so the boot couldn't move on the driveshaft when you applied lock causing it to bunch up & catch the bottom of the shock wearing a hole over the course of a trackday at Croft.

I replaced it again with a new one but didn't clip it as tight & it's still fine now.

Graham.

dee205

George, Neat's website isn't great for finding parts for the 205 but give them a call to see if they can get them.

I've only had one issue but that was my own fault for tightening the inner clip to much so the boot couldn't move on the driveshaft when you applied lock causing it to bunch up & catch the bottom of the shock wearing a hole over the course of a trackday at Croft.

I replaced it again with a new one but didn't clip it as tight & it's still fine now.

Graham.

I'd second the likes of Balcast (sp) universal boots. I've used them 3 or 4 times and ran up 10k with no tears or issues. The cone tool is a wonderful invention too. Took less than 20 minutes in total to fit one last week.

SurGie

Also are the inner shaft boots part of a kit and can they also be bought from Peugeot and other places like the hub boots ?

Cheers G