• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brandon7

Replacement Speaker Depth And Size

brandon7

I am upgrading my speakers and am curious to the mouting depth needed to install rear speakers in their origonal place and also double check their sizes. I am aware with a 205 their is limited depth to the door skin and also the the rear quater panel.

I would do it myself but its a bit of a hassel to get to the rears and I thought this info might help someone else out as there is no topic on it already.

Front Seaker Size and mounting depth ?

Rear speaker size and mounting depth?

Many Thanks!

Edited by brandon7

Anthony

Front and rear are both 13cm speakers. Not sure on exact depth limitations.

stumpyjag

Just gone through exactly the same exercise.

Front and rears are both 13cm. Fronts have quite a deep recess and I would think would take most speakers I went for a pair of these Pioneer's http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-G1312i/index.html . Only cost £25 from ebay.

The rears have a very tight space and I am so glad I checked if the ones I got for the front fitted in the rears because they were miles to big both in the depth of the back and also the height of the cone when trying to get the grill back on. The only pair of Pioneer's I could find that would fit were these http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-G1311i/index.html . These were only £18 from Amazon.

Both pages have drawings of the speaker dimensions but whatever brand you buy I can promise the rears only just fitted so dont go any bigger.

I have now fitted the original Clarion head unit back in the car and as far as I am concerned its sound bloody brillliant for under £50 all in.

Hope this helps

scottbarton

Excellent! I was wondering what speakers to get...now i have my answer!

brandon7

Cheers Mate!