• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cookiemonster

Heated Front Windscreen

Guest cookiemonster

hello

ive a race/track car thats been totally stripped, including ther heater. I havent had any misting problems so far - just using Bob Heath visor spray on the inside and leaving the rear quarters open, but im not convinced that this will be good enough for when its really cold and wet.

The plan is to fit a heated front windscreen so i can see which way the track goes...

Has anyone fitted one of these before? I've absolutely no idea about the wiring - is there anything that you've got to take into account ?

thanks as usual...

Guest Andy Mack

you could just fit a perspex screen on the inside of the front window, this will stop the screen misting up as the warm air wont get to the cold screen. This might save you a bit of weight. All you need to do is leave a small gap between the window and the perspex.

Miles

Look at Gi24 Glass I think it is up near B/Ham, They work great and most of the 205 in the Toyo's run them now.

Guest cookiemonster

miles - yep, thats where i'm getting it from (i remember recommending them to you ages ago :( )

Its the fitting that im not sure about - first off is it practical to replace the windscreen myself, or is that a "professional" job? and then is there anything special you've got to be aware about on the wiring side - the gi24 guy wasnt much help...

btw, are you going to do toyo's again next year (and are you entering any of the brscc winter series races?)

jon

Guest dansharp

windscreens, front and back just get a pro to do it, it's not worth taking the risk, and to be honest...it can't be that expensive to have someone do it could it?!

Guest cookiemonster

just the hassle - load the car on a trailer, drive round, get it done, etc, etc

also i like to know how it was done as when it breaks it'll be having to fix it...

Sign in to follow this