• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Henry Yorke

Definitive Original 205 Head Unit / Stereo / Radio Thread

Henry Yorke

There have been a few threads recently on what the original head unit was for different years and what the upgrade options were. In this post, can people post any data and pictures to show what the correct models are for the different years.

205 GTI / CTI

1984 Philips 553

post-3457-0-07984900-1305675675_thumb.jpg

1985 Philips 553

1986 Philips 553

1987 Philips 553 / CTI Philips DC 569/65

1988 Philips 752

post-3457-0-76792400-1305575671_thumb.jpg

1989 Philips 752 , Clarion PU-9469A

1990 Clarion PU-9469A

1991 Clarion PU-9469A

post-3457-0-33860500-1305495858_thumb.jpg

1992 Clarion PU-9469A

1993 Clarion PU-9469A

205 GTI 1FM

Head Unit - Clarion CDC6700R with RCB0134 remote control

post-3457-0-75698500-1305496015_thumb.jpg

Amplifier - Clarion 402A amplifier

6 disk CD changer - Clarion CDC9250

• Like 1

Anthony

I can't confirm exactly what years they were fitted to, but the Phase 2 GTi's that I've seen have had the Clarion PU-9469A / 97001F tape headunit as standard.

I can get any pictures you need/want, and I think that I've got the original manual for the stereo as well

Miles

From circa late 1989 to 1990 Pug swapped to Clarion, Phillipp's where used before that from 1984, As ever the swap over year was hit and miss depending on 205 or 309 Model and stock level at the time.

The PU-9469A was the only one fitted to 205/309 GTi, SRi, GRi & CTi's by rights but I know when I bought mine back in 1990 I got the wrong head unit until I complained to the Dealer which got swapped over

Only the Goodwood got the CD Changer control with the FM Modulator thing

I'll get a pic of the early Phillip's when I can us it's in the loft, The later one I think Dale might have if he followed the lead I gave him as these are about the rarest of all

jord294

i've just acquired the original fitment stereo for my 1988 309 gti. it is in mint condition, and fully working order, and came from a 19k mile car ;)

a philips 752, which was also used in vauxhalls of the same era

Baz

My 34k '86 car has it's original Philips still fitted. (for those boring races)

I'll get the code off it and add it here!

Edited by Baz

Henry Yorke

The PU-9469A was the only one fitted to 205/309 GTi, SRi, GRi & CTi's

The PU-9469A has a fader control so I would have thought something else would have been fitted to CTI's as they only have 2 speakers.

feb

My 1990 1.0 Trio Plus had a Clarion PU-9469A but the station buttons and surounding panel were black rather than grey.

Edited by feb

Henry Yorke

My 1990 1.0 Trio Plus had a Clarion PU-9469A but the station buttons and surounding panel were black rather than grey.

Probably one like this (though did the Trio have 4 speakers? My 1992 Junior D didn't): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-GTI-CTI-M16-Original-Clairon-Radio-cassette-/180661496870?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1043ac26

Clarion PU9317A

Phil H

When I bought my June 1988 E registered CTI from a Curry Motors in Kingston upon Thames when it was just 5 years old, it had the Clarion PU-9469 as standard. I seem to recall that the speaker connectors on the back of the red block on the stereo (not the loom) were looped over or bridged as it's called, so that the fader control did not alter the sound output. I only found this out when I fitted a bass tube and needed rear output to balance the amp and couldn't work out why the fader did nowt all them years back.

flipperthebushkangaroo

My 89 1.6 phase 1.5 had a clarion like the middle picture but only because they had run out of the phillips ones by the time i picked it up (oct 89)

Henry Yorke

Thanks everyone. I keep updating the original post on this with new info

Miles

752 was never a OE fitment, might have been in the acc book thou

Masekwm

1986 Philips

radio.jpg?t=1305664219

553 perhaps, it's in the loft still so I can check one day.

feb

Probably one like this (though did the Trio have 4 speakers? My 1992 Junior D didn't): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-GTI-CTI-M16-Original-Clairon-Radio-cassette-/180661496870?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1043ac26

Clarion PU9317A

It could be, I can't remember now :unsure: although I am pretty sure it had an eject button.

The one in the above ebay link, do you have to press the FWD and RWD buttons simultaneously to eject the tape?

I don't know if it had rear speakers, probably not.

What were the other differences between the PU-9469A and PU9317A (apart from the fader control) ?

It looks like you can also control the bass in the former but only the treble in the latter?

Edited by feb

Miles

I'll go thru my paperwork and can have a yearly list from 1984, But upto 1987/8 was the 553

Miles

Clarion CTi model was 97001F & the CJ had 97001C from 1990, The Phillips 569 was fitted in late 88 to Change over on 89ish

But to add a odd one into the books is Sept 1989 with a 97001C fitted

Edited by Miles

Alan_M

I can't confirm exactly what years they were fitted to, but the Phase 2 GTi's that I've seen have had the Clarion PU-9469A / 97001F tape headunit as standard.

I can get any pictures you need/want, and I think that I've got the original manual for the stereo as well

Seem here, for the stereo you're unlocking for me! May also have a Phillips one too.

None of the above, but I do have a Clarion tape deck from the early nineties that doesn't look out of place in a 205. Has a credit card remote control and CD boot loader. Probably the later version of that one in a 1FM.

stufarri

The stereo book with my 1987 CTI is for Phillips DC 569/65.

Henry Yorke

Cheers Stu. I have updated the thread. It inspired me to look in my book for my CTI and the radio manual is in there too. The 1993 CTI did come with a Clarion PU-9469A.

dch1950

This thread is great as an archive database, but lets face it modern head units are so much better.

The Dansette major was good at the time - but s*it my NAD amp just blows it away.

"discuss"

regards

Dave

STEVEBOXER

Hi my aug 90 Pug has Clarion PU-9469A.Will have to get my dodgy 80,s tapes out of the attic lol

Conflict

Does anyone have a spare copy of the Clarion PU-9469A manual for sale, or is there a PDF file on here somewhere with it on? Thanks

Henry Yorke

If you want to know how to enter the code:

Directly into it using buttons 1 > 6
So if your code is 1234 , this means pressing buttons 1 2 3 and 4 .
The code should be displayed...... then if the code is correct , your radio should now work

Also have a look here:

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/652788.html

Conflict

No, Putting the code in is straight forward enough... But how do you get the radio tuning to stop on a specific frequency whilst searching...?

I mean, when you press tune up or down and say for instance I want radio 1 on 98.90fm... But the radio continues searching for it because it has a weak signal is there a way to stop it during mid tune. Normally on a modern radio you would just tap the tuning button to stop it 'searching' where you wanted, but this doesn't appear to work it just keeps going, I can't seem to get it to stop searching automatically, if you know what I mean, I want to mannually stop it searching at 98.90fm regardless of whether the radio has picked up the actual signal itself.

Phil H

I believe you press the volume button and a small "M" appears on the display. Then you can search manually.

Pressing the search button twice gives you DX on the display searching for weaker stations. (or is it stronger ones, anyway it does one or the other).

• Like 1