• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Xu9J4 Main Crank Seal

Alan_M

I've a suspicion I have an oil leak from the main crank seal behind the flywheel. Just looked up a price for replacement and Peugeot want 17 quid for one. I'm going to have to factor in a new flywheel bolts, and potentially a new clutch if its worn.

Is this seal Pug only, or can I get a decent seal from GSF/ECP?

Anthony

You can get that seal from elsewhere, but the quality varies between "OE" and "guaranteed to leak within 2k miles" so shop carefully!

Given the utter ballache that is replacing that seal, I think that I'd personally be tempted to pay the extra and know that it'll be good. Saving a tenner and potentially having to spend the best part of a day removing the gearbox/clutch/flywheel again a few weeks later to replace it if it leaks doesn't seem like good economy to me, unless you can find somewhere that will sell a known good quality alternative.

rallysteve

Does the genuine one come with a plastic cone to help with fitting?

Steve

S@m

Does the genuine one come with a plastic cone to help with fitting?

Steve

Nope, just the seal.

Miles

I tend to use the Payen one's now, I have seen the cheaper ones supplied from Pug too these days

Sign in to follow this