• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnaldridge101

Mi16-6

johnaldridge101

Hi this is my first post on the site, and my first race car build, she (Mia) started life as a miami blue 1.6 on a G plate, fairly rare apparently. It had been 80% stripped for spares by the previous owner, so i snapped her up off ebay for the total sum of £90, hired a trailer for £20 and she was sat on the drive, for the next 2 weeks i left her alone and contemplated what i was going to do,

as i stripped the rest of the interior and remaining engine components i gathered a few ideas together.

body :-

1. weld in roll cage

2. no lights, aluminium panels

3. remove as much non structural supporting metal as possible

4. cobra bucket seat

5. 4 point harness

6. perspex windows

7. remove sunroof, replace with carbon skin

8. rallye style arches

9. poverty doors & boot

engine :-

1. mi16 cast block

2. jenvey throttle bodies

3. big valves

4. porting to suit valves

5. H beam rods

6. forged pistons

7. piper cams

8. vernier pullys

9. baffled sump

10. electric water pump

11. electric oil pump

12. emerald ecu

13. MSD ignition

14. lightend flywheel

15. knife edged crank

the engine should be a work of art once finished, i build 1200 bhp challenger lumps for a living although im not sure ill reach that target with th mi16

gearbox :-

A hybrid of 1.6, 1.9 and gti-6 gears to make a decent hillclimb box

will up load pictures later in the week

BERTMAN

sounds good mate, although im not sure a GTI-6 box would be wise. They limit the steering lock on one side as there just so big. You'd proberly be better with an Mi16/S16/Xsara VTS box...

Flozman

Nice, but if your going to butcher the shell anyway, might aswell put the engine in the boot.

johnaldridge101

i know about the loss of right hand lock but i should be able to cope, people tell me to convert my renault 5 gt turbo to rear engine but id rather have the real thing, A 5 turbo 2 and 205 t16 what a sweet garage that would be, maybe one day!

i removed a cast mi16 from a citroen zx yesterday, got the engine + box + ecu + loom all for £120 im well chuffed

johnaldridge101

decided to use a diesel crank now and possibly rods if they fit, pistons will be made to suit.

welshpug

got any of the ZX left?

johnaldridge101

got any of the ZX left?

no i only had the engine, box, loom, ecu out of it in the scrappy, what do you need? i might be able to get the parts still

welshpug

wheelarch trims and front arch liners, and the charcoal canister from under the drivers side wing :)

Have you figured which inlet manifold you're going to use?

johnaldridge101

i should be able to go to the scrappy this friday, so ill see if the parts are still there, ill be using a jenvey item, will build the engine and then experiment with trumpet lengths, going for carbon fiber trumpets, lowering the rad to remove any air restriction. if thats what you mean?

Josh_Quant

use the gti6 inlet manifold alot better and bigger i am :D