• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

2 Pin Vs 3 Pin Knock Sensor

24seven

Does anyone know what the pins do on the 3 pin type knock sensor as on the gti6 vs the 2 pin sensor on the phase 2 xsara, and whether theres a way of temporarily making the 2 pin sensor work with the 3 pin loom? Im in a position where I need the car to get me back to uni and if it can be made driveable for a day then I can fix it properly when Im there.

[edit] same goes for the temperature sensors and icv ive got round plug sensors but square ends on the loom which pins do i need to connect to which?

Edited by 24seven

welshpug

should be easy enough to find the sensors you need for it to work in a scrappy, they aren't RFS specific, i.e any green temp sender from a put of citroen will do, even the old blue on from your 8v will as well.

it'll run without the knock sensor, though as above, just find any iron block XU with a 3 pin plug, job done :)

24seven

of all the scrappies ive been to none have any xu engines at all! :o and pugs are supposed to be unreliable... how badky might it run without a knock or lambda sensor or MAP sensor? :P My 8v temp sensors have completely different threads and just rattle in the holes on the vts thermostat.

Edited by 24seven

welshpug

it wont run without the MAP, ecu temp sender is the same thread, unless the P2 xsara had a different thermostat housing :unsure:

24seven

must be a different housing, the threads are much larger on it than the 8v. in that case with the pins on the sensor being numbered how could i rewire the xsara plkug onto the '6 loom (i dont have matching numbers for the '6 plug), and likewise for the MAP? thanks for the help so far.

HERMAN

you can use the the 2 pin knock sensor because they are the same. The three pin sensor has a screen in the cable which ends at the sensor. Were as the two pin one has no cable extension on it then the screen connection is not needed. If you see what I mean. if you strip your loom back you will find that your loom has 2 cables and a screen around the cable just connect the two cables to your knock sensor and it should run. The screen is there to protect from interferance.

see the wiring diagrams on here http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=99663&hl=gti6++manifold I used the vts icv and connected it to the gti6 loom.

Neil

24seven

Perfect, thanks Neil! Thats hopefully sovled everything in one go! :D

24seven

Ok, more questions. I'm stuck with no power getting to the dash and these are the culprits. Can I just hard wire all 4 of these cables in the plugs to a ring terminal on the positive side of the battery? Also the black cable with the rin on it is connected to a distribution block on the inner wing. Is this an earth?

img8653.th.jpg

Sign in to follow this