• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSimon

1.9 Crank In 2.0 Bottom End

PsychoSimon

Hi guys,

I've got my new project, which comes in kit form lol.

It's a 1.9mi at the moment, with uprated cams, ported cylinder head, r1 bike carbs and a 4 branch exhaust mani. The big ends were rattling for the PO and this is how I've bought it - in bits with a fubarred crank.

I would like to build a 2045 or whatever it comes out at (seems nobody agrees on this?) cc bottom end for it, in the hope of increasing torque mainly.

My question is, does it matter which 2.0 16v bottom end I use? the 406 xu10j4rs(?) engine is cheap and plentiful, but would it be a suitable donor? do I need to use an irom mi/s16 engine?

I have seachd, and looked in the sticky thread but most seem to be doing it from mi engines from what I can see.

Also, what kind of bhp/torque should I reasonably expect from this kind of motor? I know it would depend on exactly which cams etc but a ball park figure/benchmark to go from?

Thanks,

Simon

Edited by PsychoSimon

dcc

from what i have been reading, people tend to use the s16 bottom end as it has more material for removal when looking at bigger bores

welshpug

the block itself doesn't matter greatly, but the main reason the S16 is used is that the standard pistons are flat topped and don't hit deck height on the 86mm crank, and the 88mm crank bring them right up (slightly over IIRC)

the J4R and RS pistons do come flush to deck height so would need material removed to work, and I'm unsure if there's enough there to do so.

main issue now is that you probably have a dead crank if it was rattling, so you'd still need to source a crank, might as well find a 2.1 diesel crank and some 88mm bore pistons... :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this