• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeM

205 Xs

MikeM

I have been meaning to start this topic for ages now, but never got round to it! Owned my xs for three years now and had various other 205s that I have sold on, but never been able to part with this one!

It was in good condition when I bought it, bar the dodgy paintwork on the front wings. It was fitted with phase 1 106 rallye wheels, with a stainless backbox and was rather low! All of that attracted me at the age of 17!

Since then I have spent a fortune on it!

I did replace the front wing with genuine peugeot items, but the paint is a poor match, going to get them redone when I have the funds.

I had intended to rebuild the beam over winter, however the gti managed to take up all of my time. So now that the good weather is here (when it should be on the road!) I have finally gotten round to getting the beam done.

Heres a brief spec of the car -

Ti motorsort 4-2-1 exhaust manifold

Ti polybushed wishbones

BBM Engine mounts

BBM solid rear beam mounts

CSC Marimitte exhaust system

Newman phase3 camshaft, new stem seals etc etc

306 xsi 266mm calipers and disks with 406 m/c

BBM top mount rubbers

Loads of other bits and pieces

So from now on Im going to try and keep this topic updated with any work that I do

I have uploaded a few pictures to flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/61763927@N07/

Going to get the trailing arm shafts pressed out on saturday and fit the new ones, then get it all painted in the usual garish beam colours!

johnnyboy666

can't beat a good old XS! Looking good, very rallye-esque

MikeM

Update time.

Got the beam finished off over the weekend, made the mistake of painting it rather than spraying it so ended up sanding it down a few times but happy enough with the finish. Its now back on and I have set the height at approx 30mm drop at the rear as it was far too low before. Fitted my new csc marimitte exhaust, fits like a glove.

Still undecided if I should go down the bike carb route or not, I have a set of GSXR 750 carbs in the garage but could do with saving my pennies for my latest purchase- A yellow 205 junior, non sunny! Needs a beam etc but I bought it for the shell, would be perfect for a 16valve tu engined sleeper. I have put some new pictures up on my flickr account - P1000210

There are also a couple of my gti. Its nearly ready for its mot, so should see the road sometime soon

cheers

Mike