• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yoda

Swapping A Drivers Seat For A Passenger Seat.

Guest yoda

Anyone swapped a drivers seat over with a passenger seat? experienced problems apart form the recliner being by the door?

cheers

Guest Del boy

u need 2 change the sub frames over, cos the seat belt thing will be on the wrong side and the seat mover to get in the back as well.

Rob_the_Sparky

And the recliner is on the wrong side on the seat itself

Guest j_turnell

Yeah its a simple job i did this on my Rallye seats. Swap the subframes over and take the plastic cover off the winder and use the metal triangle bit instead, then you have no problems in reclining the seats and can still move them bak. :(

Wurzel

I've done this on my GTi. As said, you have to leave off a bit of plastic trim so that it doesn't catch on the seat best clip. Not the prettiest way to do it but deffo the cheapest. No one has really noticed on mine yet.

Both my seats are pretty shagged though. :(

Guest yoda

My passenger seat is absoulutley mint, but my drivers side had slight wear and a the seam is slowly coming apart. How easy is it to remove the recliner knob?

cheers

Ed

Guest ablister

i just swopped the two subframes over on mine. My seat was knackered so got a good passenger one and retrimmed the crap one with the new bolsters and cloth, you would never know now. Quite time consuming though

Guest dansharp

people! just buy new seats - there are hundreds of rally boys out there that buy 205s and rip everything out of them! i've binned 3 good sets of seats in 1 year. would you like me to keep a look out for very cheap half leathers in good nick? probably bout £30 for the pair.

Sign in to follow this