• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brumster

[rally_prep] Rally Build : Custom Dashboard / Wiring

brumster

Well, I shall now draw this project thread to a close with the proud final announcement - she's MOT'd and good to go :)

Still need to do log booking and associated bits and bobs (mud flaps, mainly, and a few little odds and sods) but as far as the original project title, she's done. Custom dashboard looks every bit as I'd imagined it, and the PDM controlled loom works great too. Also needs the wings vinyl'd red to match the bonnet/spoiler, and the scoops/domes putting over the now-protruding strut tops properly.

Weighed in at 847Kg too - Over 60Kg lighter than the old car :-o no idea how I managed that, but well happy!

2011-10-17%25252014.19.29.jpg

2011-10-17%25252014.19.40.jpg

2011-10-17%25252014.19.57.jpg

2011-10-17%25252014.21.05.jpg

harryskid

Looks great. I bet it goes as good as it looks! That dash is just the bees knees!

Good luck and have fun with it mate :D

Jeff

brumster

We'll have to catch up at an event some time, if we end up doing the same one ;) Epynt next year maybe?!

EdCherry

You cant close this! Just get the title editted. We want more pictures.

brumster

Felt it would be nice to wave out the old car (in a Team America styleee) "with a Montage"...

:D

edbar

Nice, new car will be even better im sure! Are you coming to donny next sunday then?

brumster

No, we've plumped for a rally after all - found one fairly local (Carfax Stages) and there's loads of other Streetly Motor Club guys going, so we decided to do that instead. £220 notes versus £150 didn't swing it in Donnington's favour ;)

harryskid

Very good, enjoyed that. I pleased to see i'am not the only one with little offs :lol: How did it turn out with the fence?

brumster

Yes, I'm not one for blowing sunshine out of my arse - for all the good bits there are 20 cock-ups!

The fence was nothing really - dinged the wing and the sill, that was it. Kicked myself really, it was a notorious bit of the most local stage in the world to me, about 5 miles up the road from home... I should have known better. Got away with it thankfully - but not the bale on the following stage :D <chuckle>

That's rallying, though, ey chap?!

brumster

...and the cherry on the cake... logbooked and sporting my birthday present from last year; an appropriate new registration plate :D

2011-11-14%25252015.20.28.jpg

Roll on Sunday... hope that's not literally <cough>....

harryskid

Are those R888s ? :unsure:

EdCherry

This means more pictures then if its ready. Get em up now before it gets dirty!

brumster

Are those R888s ? :unsure:

Oh don't worry, i don't rally on 'em - they're the road rims!

ash mi16

nice build dude that dash looks so cool :D