• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashley205

205 2.0 Turbo Wiring

ashley205

hello,

im in need of some technical assistance from anyone who has put the 2.0 turbo 8v engine in a 205. i have got the engine in and am now starting to wire it all in. i want to do as much as possible to make it a proper home build, but im not great at reading wiring diagrams! if anyone can give me any help it would be much appreciated.

at the minute i have no spark and i need to make sure the ecu has the power/ earths it needs, so if anyone can tell me what pins on the ecu should be live with the ignition on it would be much help! and what is the main ecu earth.

thanks, ill get some pictures of my progress up as soon as i can :)

pug_ham

Have you tried a search?

There are quite a few topics & posts about this conversion.

Main ecu earth will be a large ring terminal (~8mm hole) which attaches to the gearbox earth stud, ecu will plug into the shunt box (black box on slam panel) iirc for power.

Graham.

ashley205

i have had a search and read through the other topics but i cant find what im looking for.

im going to take the ecu harness connector off and see which pins have a live feed and if somone here who knows how to read the diagrams could have a look and tell

me if its correct i will be forever in their debt!! my problem was the car is a series 1.5 gti 1.9 and the modified turbo loom is for a series 2 gti 1.6 (which is off a car that did run) and a lot is different

ashley205

i have discovered that i have no ignition live to the ecu, i have 2 premenant lives on pins 18 and 36.

on the double relay i have 2 permenant lives, pins 8 and 11, and 2 ignition lives, pins 14 and 15.

im certain the relay is ok, im not sure if i should have more feeds or if there is a wiring fault between the relay and the ecu.

ashley205

i have a spark!

still a long way to go, and i need to trace the wires back and find out whats going wrong, but i found that pin 2 of the double relay had no ignition feed. i bridged abit of wire over to it, cranked her over and there was a little blue spark that put a big smile on my face :) well chuffed.

Sign in to follow this