• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

p1234

Hi All,

Im runnind a t/b'd 205 gti 6 on track,

Planning on re shelling it this year as its getting tired :( A mate of mine has a freshly built 106 wide arched shell that he is selling.

I have looked into this conversion and have been told to stay away from it but that is making me even more interested in doing it!!

I realise this is a 205 forum but have built my 205 mainly from parts and alot of very helpfull information from this site. So just wondering if anyone has tried this and how much fab is required etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Peter.

mikeygulley

I know there was one 106 gti6 near where I live, I've seen it a few times, next time I will stop and have a chat. It is quick!

Alan_M

Just finished an engine swop on a Saxo so can honestly say it'll be a tight fit in the engine bay! One place that will need fabrication work is the exhaust tunnel. The TUs in 106's & Saxo's comes from the front and under the sump. Obviously, the GTi6 has hell of a manifold so the bulkhead would need major fabrication work. Not sure if you could cut out one off a 205 and graft that in?

Subframe might be another issue, 106's don't use one :)

welshpug

gti6 will fit and has been done, but for the sheer amount of work required for relatively little gain I'd either stick to a TU5J4 which will produce very good power without the hassle of chopping the shell about and making engine mounts, or go for something like a B16B which will fit much better and produce very good power (160~180 bhp standard IIRC!)

Baz

I just don't see the point tbh. IMO of course.

JonnyGee

seen it done but if u dont have a welder or know how, its going to be a huge job for ya

p1234

Yeah I believe there is alot of fabrication to the bulkhead and mounts alright,

Its still gotta be a better alternative than going down the lines of a b16b considering 200bhp is there ready to go in already?

Shafts etc will be an issue too but the weather is getting good and work is quiet!!

welshpug

200 bhp?! a gti6 is only 167 bhp

p1234

Its running on throttle bodies, cams and a few internal shinney bits :)

welshpug

205 is lighter btw...

Henry Yorke

post-3457-0-60866800-1301009749_thumb.jpg post-3457-0-31314200-1301009754_thumb.jpg

A couple of examples

shalmaneser

There are still plenty of nice, straight 205 gti shells about, do the right thing and give a car with a busted engine a new lease of life!!!

p1234

After thinking about for the last while I have decided to re shell my 205 bigger and better!!

Thanks for all the comments and advice lads.

Sign in to follow this