• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
snake744

Xud7T To Xud9Te Conversion

snake744

Hi guys

I'm new here so please excuse me if this has been covered already, I've had a good search and cant find a difinitive answer, so here goes!

This weekend I will removing the lump from my 205 STDT and replacing it with a XUD9TE from a 405 that I happen to have lying around!

I did a similar thing years ago to a 205 Dturbo and slipped in a XUD7TE engine from another 405.

Getting to the point I dont really want to use the pull type clutch/gearbox from the 405, will my 1800 clutch fit the 1900 flywheel and if not can I fit the 1800 flywheel to the 1900 lump.

Anyone with any opinions on gearing may be able to convince me to keep the 405 box, possibly a longer 5th gear?

Thanks in advance

Jake

snake744

Well I've answered my own question and yes, it does fit

foreigner

Just remember to swap the diff for 205 ones as shafts might not fit. And also don't drop the shaft when changing the gearchanging lever.

Edited by foreigner

snake744

Thanks foreigner

I've kept with the original 205 box, just fitted the push type clutch to the 1.9 flywheel.

Razkin

The diffs on diesels are stronger than the diff of a 1.9 gti BE1 box. I'm not sure about 1.9 gti BE3 boxes.

foreigner

The diffs on diesels are stronger than the diff of a 1.9 gti BE1 box. I'm not sure about 1.9 gti BE3 boxes.

Ok, I didn't know that, I mentioned swapping diffs as shafts are sometimes slightly longer or shorter depending if petrol or diesel.

foreigner

Thanks foreigner

I've kept with the original 205 box, just fitted the push type clutch to the 1.9 flywheel.

good choice, easy route.

What you doing about air flow to the tmic?

Come on fit a bonnet scoop, you'll get so many looks like : why? what? and so on... I did get those all the time but then they see you smoke far over the horizon.

snake744

Yeah I think I am going down the route of a bonnet scoop, trying to track down an isuzu trooper or early suzuki vitara diesel one.

Its running at last, had a fair bit of wiring to do as the 405 pump has electric cold advance linked into the glow plug circuit so had to graft the 405 engine loom into the 205.

Just got the intake ducting to sort out now.

Did u have to use an auto bonnet?

Oh and I'm already running 1.9Gti shafts, hubs and brakes, had no probs with the fitting of these.

Edited by snake744

foreigner

I used the bonnet from my other td where scoop was already nicely carved in.

Auto bonet is going to be used next as I crashed the car and bonnet is bit wonky.

I got grp scoop if you need one, you can have it for £30 +del.

So the 1.9 shafts fit straight in to 205 box, have you done it or it was already on car?

I am getting urge to go and put it back on the road.

Now where is the titanium conrods...

snake744

I used the bonnet from my other td where scoop was already nicely carved in.

Auto bonet is going to be used next as I crashed the car and bonnet is bit wonky.

I got grp scoop if you need one, you can have it for £30 +del.

So the 1.9 shafts fit straight in to 205 box, have you done it or it was already on car?

I am getting urge to go and put it back on the road.

Now where is the titanium conrods...

I won a trooper scoop on fleabay last night so thats sorted!

No car was completely stock when I bought it 5 years ago.

I bought a half finished 1.9 trackday car, robbed all the brakes shafts beam etc and scrapped the rest, so drivetrain wise I'm all 1.9 Gti.

As far as I know all BE1 & BE3 boxes share the same inner cv splines. The outer cv is different though so 1.9 hubs are needed.

All I need to find now is auto bonnet. I've got a feeling I might have to buy a complete car to get one!

foreigner

I won a trooper scoop on fleabay last night so thats sorted!

No car was completely stock when I bought it 5 years ago.

I bought a half finished 1.9 trackday car, robbed all the brakes shafts beam etc and scrapped the rest, so drivetrain wise I'm all 1.9 Gti.

As far as I know all BE1 & BE3 boxes share the same inner cv splines. The outer cv is different though so 1.9 hubs are needed.

All I need to find now is auto bonnet. I've got a feeling I might have to buy a complete car to get one!

again got one as well, you can give the offer.

Sign in to follow this