• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Yokohama

boldy205

Hi, i have searched, but got nothing, has anyone used these on track? Seem a good price of 160 for 4 in a 195/50/15

Thanks

Matt

stu8v

Reasonable when worn 3-4mm , I wouldnt bother if there new as the tread just rolls off them.

888's are good

boldy205

Reasonable when worn 3-4mm , I wouldnt bother if there new as the tread just rolls off them.

888's are good

888s are good yes, but now at £100 a corner, i just cant bring myself to murder them!

Thanks for the reply.

Matt

Daxed

I have used these both on road and track.

AVOID

Miles

Complete Rubbish, and thats being nice, OK on the back at worst but overheat within 5 laps of most circuits and I've killed a set in 15 minutes again on the back.

welshpug

Try AD08's, cheaper than R888's and heard good reports about them, stiffer sidewalls much like the AO48, look after your tyre pressures and temps properly and you'll get a fair use out of them.

OR, get part worn tyres cheap so you don't have 8mm of tread squirming about getting all hot.

boldy205

Thanks for the warnings! The ADo8 does look good, and i have got a set of part worns to try.

Cheers

Matt

TurboSam

I have Paradas and have used them on track - not too bad in the dry, obviously no where near as good as R888s, but still OK as a road tyre.

However, in the wet they are lethal. Slightly damp track at Silverstone had me spinning all over the place!

Tom Fenton

I think the Parada get a hard time. For what they cost they are a reasonable enough road tyre. The sidewalls are very soft though. In terms of straight line grip they are soft compound and quite good, on my turbo car the Paradas will hang on to full boost in 2nd gear, the Michelin Pilot Exaltos I have on another set of wheels will not. They are by no means a track tyre but proper track tyres are approaching the same price EACH as a set of 4 Paradas are, so what do you expect!

MerlinGTI

I think the Parada get a hard time. For what they cost they are a reasonable enough road tyre. The sidewalls are very soft though. In terms of straight line grip they are soft compound and quite good, on my turbo car the Paradas will hang on to full boost in 2nd gear, the Michelin Pilot Exaltos I have on another set of wheels will not. They are by no means a track tyre but proper track tyres are approaching the same price EACH as a set of 4 Paradas are, so what do you expect!

Damn stright.