• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tommyt-01

Stereo Wiring, Help

tommyt-01

the 205 came with no stereo and whoever owned it before has butchered the wiring and cut the plugs off the end, so im left with just a bundle o fcable, its a 1988 1.9, anybody know what wire is what? thanks in advance

lemmingzappa

The purples, greys, greens are speaker wires. The red is a switched live, yellow is a perm live. There are a few others but if it's butchered quite badly you should probably post some pictures.

Obey_R

If you google 'iso stereo wiring' you will get lots of results all showing picturse and wire colours etc. You're best off buying a ISO harness from a motorfactor with either bare wires on the other end or butt connectors already on, then just crimp the right wires up - leaving you with a standard ISO plug on the other end ready to go into your stereo!

EDIT: Just something like this, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC3-08-Car-Stereos-ISO-wiring-Harness-Lead-to-bare-wire_W0QQitemZ200575909884QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=217156835031&rvr_id=217156835031&cguid=6c23ada21290a0aad5076927ffc10c23 which will then give you a connector that all modern stereos will plug straight into.

Edited by Obey_R

monkee87

Depends on what stereo your gonna put in. I usually go to the scrappy and get an original plug and wire that back in. You can get wiring adapters easily that is the original plug to ISO, so no need to butcher all the wires. Only prob with using the adapters is a load of wires behind the stereo..

tommyt-01

Thanks for the replies, sorted through some of the wires and noticed the previous person has allready tried to connect iso plugs instead of the original peugeot one, half of the wires are connected and half not, I'll take a picture and upload it this morning

tommyt-01

cant get the camera to work, but had another look, the wires ive got are 8 speakers cables, im alright with those, then i have a red, white, green and yellow and another one, anybody know what wire is what?

lemmingzappa

cant get the camera to work, but had another look, the wires ive got are 8 speakers cables, im alright with those, then i have a red, white, green and yellow and another one, anybody know what wire is what?

I've already told you that red is switched live and yellow is perm live, so you know that :P

White and green are usually speaker wires, but if your loom as been hacked apart this may no longer be the case.

• Like 1

tommyt-01

I've already told you that red is switched live and yellow is perm live, so you know that :P

White and green are usually speaker wires, but if your loom as been hacked apart this may no longer be the case.

didnt notice a red, had a white, pale blue, yellow with a green trace, all done and sorted now, cheers

didnt notice a red, had a white, pale blue, yellow with a green trace, all done and sorted now, cheers