• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
VND

[misc_work] 1993 Jnr - On The Up.

VND

Hello all.

1st post alert.

Recently bought my 1st 205 and am really smitten with it.

Im running a 1993 1.1 Jnr with a TU3S lump and carb (solex 32/34 I think) in a fetching shade of washed out yellow.

I think at least two other forum members have owned this car at some stage so it has been around a bit.

Since Ive had it, its been treated to new LH and RH drive shafts, New bottom arms and ball joints, New radiator, new oil/filters/coolant. Then a new MOT - which it passed with flying colours once a carb mixture screw was robbed from an AX carb.

Plans for the future, desperatly needs wheels, then (eventually) are Bike carbs (GSXRs maybe), a larger manifold and a stainless steel exhaust system in an appropriatly larger bore.

Its full of dents, scratches, has missing trim, etc but its a good solid base for a small sleeper project.....

Some pics in general stages of repair:

cae1f1ff.jpg

394b0ba4.jpg

08e0c9ba.jpg

affaa30e.jpg

d461d132.jpg

76abe8c6.jpg

e45a2700.jpg

22286206.jpg

8df55aea.jpg

S8005865.jpg

allye

I'm loving all these new projects! Interesting air filter set up there huh.gif Have you thought about brakes before the carbs laugh.gif

VND

I'm loving all these new projects! Interesting air filter set up there huh.gif Have you thought about brakes before the carbs laugh.gif

Not guilty on the filter!

Thats how it came into my possession.

Was helpfull in the winter when we had the really cold snap having the air already warm before intake.

Brakes are actually pretty good. Im not going to be giving it serious track abuse and they seem more than up to spirited road use.

Still, Its something else to put on the list of things to do.....

Cheers for the reply dude.

kyepan

08e0c9ba.jpg

love those stickers, very retro!

VND

love those stickers, very retro!

Cheers man.

Seem tio suit the car quite well.

i.e. theyre cheap and they make people smile.

AndyJ

Seem tio suit the car quite well.

i.e. theyre cheap and they make people smile.

XD love it

tdr_1976

Looking good matey - keep up the good work!

DaveW

Love the tu engine 205s such a joy to work on the engine for a change! Not to sure if u can still get the 4 branch manifolds, these are really good on the tu3s

VND

Love the tu engine 205s such a joy to work on the engine for a change! Not to sure if u can still get the 4 branch manifolds, these are really good on the tu3s

Cheers dave, 4 branch is top of the list.

I think TImotorsport are dong them if anyones interested. Gonna be a few months till ive got the money.....

Till then, I'll just stare at the pics...

untitled-10.jpg

Edited by VND

VND

WORST UPDATE IN INTERNETS HISTORY COMING UP:

Well, what seems to be the origonal alternator belt went ping, making all the electricty fall out of my car.....

Sad and sorry state:

e19b42f9.jpg

Better fix that!

The altenator was a bit siezed in position and required a bit of leverage to realign so Im kinda glad I didnt have a shot by meself..........

Was a nice day so I decided to linseed oil me bumpers and wang mirrors while the car was getting attention..........

Boring pics:

Before...

8d23e784.jpg

During....

c9ad7390-1.jpg

After......

a36cd845-1.jpg

Before:

36e82f97.jpg

After......

4d7e1095.jpg

Marlingti has been kind enough to practically GIVE me some nice white 14" pepperpots and tyres, so theyre going on at the weekend.

Also need to clean the engine down, seems to be leaking oil from everywhere (camcover,sump, maybe more) so leak chasing has been added to the "things to do" list.

Bike carbs and a 421 still somewhere on the horizon... :?

Thus ends my terrible update. :blush:

tdr_1976

There will always be something on your to do list mate! It's all part of owning a 205! That's my experience anyways........ the only thing I havent changed on my car now is the clutch.....

Mind you, thrashing it about on an Auto test doesn't help things much does it....... :lol:

VND

There will always be something on your to do list mate! It's all part of owning a 205! That's my experience anyways........ the only thing I havent changed on my car now is the clutch.....

Mind you, thrashing it about on an Auto test doesn't help things much does it....... :lol:

Well the clutch is done, so thats something to ignore for a while.....

VND

Good day / Bad day update:

FINALLY got the Tyres propperly sealed on my pepperpots and got them on the car.

S8006016.jpg

S8006017.jpg

S8006019.jpg

S8006018.jpg

Bad news is that they rub, badly.

Sidewall drag against the inner body. Even with 5mm spacers. Suppose thats mostly my fault as me and the Mrs total about 35 stone and the back end is wound down as far as it goes.

So my one bit of progress has turned into a backward step, as theyre back off the car and for sale. :(

Also found out Allycats dont fit over GTi Calipers at the front.

Im not having much wheel-luck.

Back to 13in steels for now then!

Strictly_Derv

surely it must be the beam at fault as mine only rubbed at the back against the bumper and it was slammed on the bumps stops at the time lol

does look smart though

VND

surely it must be the beam at fault as mine only rubbed at the back against the bumper and it was slammed on the bumps stops at the time lol

does look smart though

Cheers man.

Youre absolutley right about the beam too. It rubbed FAR worse on one side than the other.

Im a bit clueless re:the rear end tbh so god knows whats caused it or how to remedy.

Theres nothing obviously wrong by eye anyway.....

Anyone have any ideas? :huh:

VND

Looking to to some Autocross soon, so instead of getting a comp licence and some grass tyres, I instead fon a wheel and boss. And a sticker.

Driving positions much improved. :wink:

Pics:

e397bf3b.jpg

4a84686f.jpg

3d0e789e.jpg

50a98407.jpg

2c227bfd.jpg

aeca8e16.jpg

GLPoomobile

Those headlight covers are probably worth more than the car :o That's not meant offensively either, just they go for silly money!

VND

Those headlight covers are probably worth more than the car :o That's not meant offensively either, just they go for silly money!

Ha ha ha. To be precise, thay cost 10% of the cars purchase price.

Ebay impulse purchase. Handy and cool though.