• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Technik21

Wheel Paint Code, And Carpet Colour Query

Technik21

I'm about to restore my 1.9 GTi to its former glory, but just need some confirmation on a couple of things.

The car is a late model 1993 (K), (Graphite Grey MOTW) and I'm wanting to keep everything as original as possible. I need to confirm the paint code for the alloys.

The colour presently seems quite a light grey, as opposed to most I've seen that appear dark silver.

I have seen a couple of codes "Eve" & "IIRC" mentioned, but not sure which one would be for my wheels.

Also, my carpet is grey. The only reference to grey carpets seem to be associated with limited edition 1.9 gti Griffe.

Is this an unusual colour carpet for Gti's, or was it just an option?

Thanks Guys

Daviewonder

I believe 'eve' was for alloys up to 1992ish, I'm not sure what the code was after that. Grey was the colour of carpet used in the really late 205 gti's.

IIRC stands for "if I recall correctly" :lol:

Henry Yorke

Grey carpets came on late catted GTIs with the red chequered door cards - sometimes referred to as Phase 2.5 on the forum.

It also appeared in the Limited Miami GTI around 1989/90 which had full grey leather

Technik21

Ok Thanks Guys. So carpet is original.

I'll stick with the "EVE" code for the wheels.

IIRC........yes well, you learn something everday! :lol:

Cheers