• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

1.6 Phaze 1 To 1.9 Phaze 2 Problem

richystran

Hi

I have receintly put my younger 1.9 engine (coil in inlet manifold) into my 1.6 gti shell (coil on engine bay). I am getting spark, not sure about fuel as plugs were not wet when take out (should they be?) I put the crank sensor on the gearbox but dont seem to have a cable to plug it into (does the older phaze 1 require a crank sensor?) Sorry if this question sounds silly but im not 100% electronically minded! LOL

I havent gotten around to change the ecu yet also, would this cause the problem? I assumed it had not but maybe i am wrong? And does it matter in which order the injector leads are connected, i dont think it does but not sure?

Finnally does anyone recommend a ht lead to use to the coil as the one on it now will not work if the car is moving etc?

Thanks In Advance

Richard

smithy

First off make sure you have the correct ecu and AFM for the engine.

The crank sensor is not used on early models it is purely for use with tep92 and diag 2000 in pug dealers for setting timing.

If you have spark it proves amp,dizzy etc are working, you should get fuel when cranking as tachy relay is energised via starter trigger wire once running the tachy is kept energised by run signal from dizzy.

Have you got a Haines so you can do some checking of circuit with meter?

richystran

First off make sure you have the correct ecu and AFM for the engine.

The crank sensor is not used on early models it is purely for use with tep92 and diag 2000 in pug dealers for setting timing.

If you have spark it proves amp,dizzy etc are working, you should get fuel when cranking as tachy relay is energised via starter trigger wire once running the tachy is kept energised by run signal from dizzy.

Have you got a Haines so you can do some checking of circuit with meter?

Hi thanks for your reply, got car running alright, thanks! Changed ecu and it fired right up ! Anyway was idleing the car and all of a sudden i have a schhhhhhhh noise sounds like coming from the gearbox side of engine, maybe the starter motor is still engaged with the flywheel, anyone any ideas on how to cure this, or anyone experianced this too?

Thanks

Sign in to follow this