• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

New Thigh Bolster Foam(S)

dch1950

Thank you Paul for your kind appreciation. It's been a busy few days I can tell you.

Just to show my appreciation I have put some fitting notes together this evening and if you would like to use (and hopfully request some changes to it as well) when you try your re-fit I'd be grateful

regards

Dave

revised fit notes with hog ring supplier details - DCH

Edited by dch1950

cRaig

Those pliers look like a good idea, I used a pair of pointy pliers when I did my bolster swap, ended up with all kinds of blisters, cuts and scratches lol.

Glad to see your shop is all up and running Dave :)

dch1950

Those pliers look like a good idea, I used a pair of pointy pliers when I did my bolster swap, ended up with all kinds of blisters, cuts and scratches lol.

Glad to see your shop is all up and running Dave :)

Hi cRaig,

In the last 12 months there have been times when I never thought I'd get here, the last few weeks have been manic, up at 4 in the morning - working through,visting suppliers, arranging pattern reviews, seeing and setting up the sewing machinists etc,etc,

The foams are just the first of many products from my firm. The second and third I have already mentioned i.e. cloth bolster cover repair kits, Leather bolster cover upgrade kits and then the big one a Leather and Alcantara new seat cover. The closest analogy I can give for my work over the last few months is sprinting towards a cliff edge, suddenly getting there, stopping to have a look - wobble,wobble then Nah, bugger it and jumping off.

Phew I needed that :blink:

yes at less than a tenner for pliers and rings - good value and really the only tool to use on the PUG upholstery

Dave

dch1950

Hi all,

a good day all round today,sales got started on the foams and tomorrow I go to sunny Bedworth (pronounced Bedurth in the local Warwickshire patois) to collect my first mini-batch of B09 cloth bolster covers ( and to drop off the next lot of pre-cuts).

My foam moulder is already pushing me , asking when am I going to do the squab foam for the front seats. I didn't think it could be done , but he seems to think it's possible - we'll see - I'm not so certain about this as he is.

Major trauma occurred this week - my number one mobi died and I had to get a new one bought in. Stiil not too difficult to get my Contacts list moved over so job's a good 'un.

Spent a few (theraputic) hours this am doing layups and cutting out on my lovely cutting out table, trouble is I can see that cutting out 16 or so sets of patterns isn't too bad, but 50 might get a bit heavy as my hands get cramped up (quiet at the back !!)

I'm feeling more optimistic now as things are definitlely starting to roll.

The cloth bolster repair kits to accompany the thigh bolster ffoams will go on sale next week.

Keep the faith

regards

Dave

miamibungers

Dave, fantastic project & I'm glad it has started to repay you for some of the effort that has obviously gone into it.

Whilst I was browsing your site, I noticed a typo on the philosophy page (devloping):

"The repair aspect of our offerings to market whilst significant , belies the need for full replacment seat covers - front and rear. Where a 205 range model is fitted with single material seat covers this does not present a problem and we will be devloping a range of quality replacement seat covers for this purpose. On the Gtis the seat covers have a patterned seat/backrest insert with black or dark grey bolsters."

I notice you have a keen attention to detail so thought I'd point it out.

I will definitely be purchasing some bolsters from you in the near future.

Keep up the good work.

dch1950

Hi,

thank you for your proofing of my site. I have been singularly quiet for the last few weeks mainly because I've lived and breathed this project for the last 9 months and I honestly felt like a rest. I've, therefore, taken this opportunity to take a a complete break from it combined with getting my production sewing machines serviced.

Keep the faith.

regards

Dave

dch1950

Just received a before/after pair of piccys from one of my Australian customers. Works ok as far as I can see.

Before:

and after:

regards

Dave

Tesstuff

I notice you have a keen attention to detail so thought I'd point it out.

You could have helped Dave by pointing all the others out too, lazyyyyy devil :P

Hi,

thank you for your proofing of my site.

I volunteer to point out the others Dave :D

dch1950

You could have helped Dave by pointing all the others out too, lazyyyyy devil :P

I volunteer to point out the others Dave :D

Hmmmmmm.

Tom Fenton

"...replacment..."

:)

miamibungers

Thanks Tom! Perhaps I need my eyes testing?!

The before & after pics look great btw.