• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mikeygulley

Rolland Garros 1.4 K2a 85bhp

mikeygulley

Iv got a Rolland Garros with a k2a engine in it (the better engine 85bhp) and i used to have an xs, but went through a puddle and split the cylinder liner, so i kept the head and removed all the valves,skimmed it as much as i can, bought a polish and porting kit off ebay and set too.

iv now got it absolutely gleaming!! smooth as i can get it :)

Re-sunk all my valves and sprayed the head red.

Then got to the inlet manifold witch i haven't polished and ported as i thought if i do the fuel and air wont mix properly.correct?

Now the carb, i got the dgas carb off a capri but reading about them on here every one says there crap pretty much, but i fully rebuilt it and cleaned it out, its now all really nice and shinny :lol: but Im hoping the fuel pump i have will stop the fuel starving when cornering as it goes mentle when i tested it. but will it stop the problem???

i would like to cam it and four branch manifold but its all really expensive and the only manifould i could find was the ti motor sport one but they want like £200 are they worth it? and cant find a cam any where :( any body selling eather? or knows where there going cheap :lol:

and what bhp will i be gaining? and the main question is it all worth it?

thanks for looking and help would be great

Roddy (on my brothers account)

did try to add pics but no luck will add them another day

johnnyboy666

most people will say its not worth it and to go for a bigger engine/16v etc etc, but theres a lot of fun to be had with a tu3s! and if youve got the parts then why not :) i'm pretty sure there catcams/kent cams or similar available for that engine but I cant remember which ones, somebody will know im sure

as for 4 branch exhaust manifolds, they are really good on these engines, but very scarce, my old one was a csc marmitte one but youd be looking around £350 to get one imported from italy(?)

as for bhp increase,, who knows, but its more about the fun than the figures :lol:

mikeygulley
most people will say its not worth it and to go for a bigger engine/16v etc etc, but theres a lot of fun to be had with a tu3s! and if youve got the parts then why not :) i'm pretty sure there catcams/kent cams or similar available for that engine but I cant remember which ones, somebody will know im sure

as for 4 branch exhaust manifolds, they are really good on these engines, but very scarce, my old one was a csc marmitte one but youd be looking around £350 to get one imported from italy(?)

as for bhp increase,, who knows, but its more about the fun than the figures :lol:

yh dont want to go mentel engine swap ect but iv done it all myself and have spent like 35 pound i just want a rappid tu3s love them :lol:

tomcolinjones

i had a weber dgv carb, is this what you have? was it off a 1.6/2l capri? or a v6?

for the manifold, i got myself a second hand 106/saxo 8v 4 branch exhaust manifold, and welded it to a xs downppe. it worked very well for me, although maybe not as good as a fabricated one, but it cost me 25 quid and a downpipe!

both made a great difference, and sounded awesome. standard cam driven fuel pump was up to the job. tho i used a 'redtop' and filter king.

i think newman make/regrind cams for them, i didnt bother... see my thread

Edited by tomcolinjones

mikeygulley
i had a weber dgv carb, is this what you have? was it off a 1.6/2l capri? or a v6?

for the manifold, i got myself a second hand 106/saxo 8v exhaust manifold, and welded it to a xs downppe. it worked very well for me, although maybe not as good as a fabricated one, but it cost me 25 quid and a downpipe!

both made a great difference, and sounded awesome. standard cam driven fuel pump was up to the job. tho i used a 'redtop' and filter king.

why did you do that? i just reamed out the bolt holes on the carb a lil and slaped it strait on the standard inlet manifold :) happy days

and yh off the capri dunno if its the v6 or what but has been on another 1.4 and tested at 90bhp witch wasnt very impressive but il tune it in propper :lol:

mikeygulley

for the manifold, i got myself a second hand 106/saxo 8v 4 branch exhaust manifold, and welded it to a xs downppe. it worked very well for me, although maybe not as good as a fabricated one, but it cost me 25 quid and a downpipe!

sorry forgot to say i dont know if its a dgv carb but its got all the auto choke housing and stuff i measured it and its a 40 and Webber written on it :) if that helps

tomcolinjones
why did you do that? i just reamed out the bolt holes on the carb a lil and slaped it strait on the standard inlet manifold :) happy days

and yh off the capri dunno if its the v6 or what but has been on another 1.4 and tested at 90bhp witch wasnt very impressive but il tune it in propper :lol:

noooo. i made up a 4 branch EXHAUST manifold to fit.

i did drill out the mounting holes on my dgv. to fit standard INLET manfold

mikeygulley
noooo. i made up a 4 branch EXHAUST manifold to fit.

i did drill out the mounting holes on my dgv. to fit standard INLET manfold

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry aha

ill look into that then :) might just do it till i get some money spare to get the real deal but thanks for the idea :lol:

tdr_1976

Have you still got the Exhaust manifold matey? Been looking for a four branch for mine.

Edited by tdr_1976