• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest chief

Is There A Roll Cage With No Door Bars And

Guest chief

As title says, I want the extra crash protection a roll cage offers but my car is my daily driver and a full cage would be too intrusive. If there is such a cage available, would it offer any worthwhile extra protection or would it be more of a safety hazard (even if it was well padded)?

Cheers,

Eddy5

The OMP rollcage would do you. The door bars are optional. The rear seats still fit, but are pretty much unusable as the rear bars go to the boot floor around the middle of each rear seat.

Guest PacMan

Bin all your trim and get a full on welded roll cage fitted. You know it makes sense. :P:D

16v205

ive got door bars fitted on my cage, i thought it would be awkward to get in and out the car but you dont really notice them. I find i hit my head more on the top of the cage than kick the doorbars gettin in the car :P

Guest chief
The OMP rollcage would do you. The door bars are optional. The rear seats still fit, but are pretty much unusable as the rear bars go to the boot floor around the middle of each rear seat.

Eddy thanks for the reply, I'd already checked out your article on the website so I see what you mean but I was hoping there was something even less intrusive than yours.

What's a half cage?

Guest chief

Pacman and 16v205, I intend fitting a full cage to my next (track only) 205, but I want to keep my current pug as normal looking as possible. I could put up with clambering in and out all the time but I don't think my passengers would be too impressed. Ideally I want something you wouldn't really notice from outside the car.

cybernck

half cage is only the rear part i'm afraid.

mattcony's safety devices cage was a posh custom-designed removable-this-and-that

passenger-friendly cage :P:D, so you could try contacting them...

Guest chief
half cage is only the rear part i'm afraid.

mattcony's safety devices cage was a posh custom-designed removable-this-and-that

passenger-friendly cage :D:P, so you could try contacting them...

I'd only scanned the pictures on Matts article - I didn't notice the back part of his cage was removable. Sounds promising, I'll give Safety Devices a call next week, thanks :P

perfecto pug

just get a custum cage made up, this way you will still be able to keep the rear seats, a mate of mine is getting one made pretty soon, they use the proper tubing, but it wont be FIA approved, but being a road car - who cares??

Guest chief

For anyone who's interested, I got in touch with Safety Devices, and they provided me with the following price list and diagrams:

PRICE LIST

SD-RollCage-PriceList.gif

SD-RollCage.gif

205 MULTIPOINT

SD-RollCage2.gif

205 CHALLENGE

SD-RollCage3.gif

To get a bespoke cage made, they need the car at their workshop for two weeks, and the cost would be approx £1500 +VAT.

I'm pretty sure I just want the front cage from the "205" model, but I'm going to mull it over for a while first...

Guest PacMan

Hmmm, i like the look of the Challenge cage... i assume those prices exclude VAT? Not likeing the way it says its for a non-sunroof car though... :(

And how do the front turret braces work on the weld in cage? Do you have to put boody great holes in the bulkhead?

cybernck

chief, glad my idea was worthy :D.

that multipoint jobbie is nutts :(:D.

i think i'll add this info to matt's article :ph34r:.

mattcony

MultiPoint next time hey :ph34r:

Picture036.jpg

Too much dash cutting though if you want to keep the internal trim, was going to send my rear backstay back to have an extra diognal put in and harness bits. Bit late now hey :(

cheers

matt

Guest simmy

you gonna be "breaking" that?? :)

oh the originality...

sorry, some1 had to say it!!

(hope no1 was hurt :) )

Sign in to follow this