• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Golf Mk3 16v Turbo

Justin

Hello all,

I am looking for a bit of guidance really and I don’t really know a lot about tuned VW’s. I have inherited a Golf Mk3 16V GTI, which has been fiddled with a bit, namely it’s had a turbo bolted to it and made an alleged 328 bhp when mapped at Storm Developments.

69531_485416385069_728280069_7419232_1144387_n.jpg

69531_485416405069_728280069_7419233_2943081_n.jpg

The specification speaks for itself really;

2.0L 16V ABF engine

Cylinder head fully stripped and rebuilt valves re-seated and re-faced by Ring Engineering who also bored and honed the block to 83.5mm.

Wossner 83.5mm ABF Turbo forged pistons

Integrated Engineering forged rods

ARP head stud kit, con rod bolts, crankshaft stud/bolt kit

Multi layered steel head gasket

8.0:1 compression ratio

Modified Audi RS2 short runner inlet manifold

Audi S3 fuel rail with 4 bar pressure regulator

Cast exhaust manifold

Garrett T34 hybrid turbo with 360° thrust bearing built by Turbo Developments.

Synaptic fully adjustable wastegate

3” mandrel down pipe TIG welded

2.5” decat exhaust supplied and fitted by Storm Devlopments

3” thick frount mounted intercooler

Adjustable blow off valve

Four pouint 420cc Bosch fuel injectors

In line Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump (noisy but apparently they’re all like this)

Boost adjustable water injection system

Fully adjustable Emerald ECU with 3 Bar map sensor – supplied, fitted and mapped by Storm Developments

10.8mm ignition leads with individual earth leads

Lupo GTI coil pack

Oil catch tank

Turbonetics in-cabin boost controller

Helix organic clutch

In addition the car has had the arches rolled, FK adjustable coilovers fitted, Powerflex bushes everywhere and I think is running bigger brakes. It’s been serviced recently and seems very well looked after.

It’s in very good condition generally and although has had a few mods (quads and de-badged grill, tints) doesn’t look too bad.

I’ve driven it a bit and it always starts well, idles smoothly and is very docile and tractable considering. It rides well, doesn’t creak or groan and feels well put together, and certainly feels bloody quick in a straight line.

I’m quite tempted to keep it for a bit, but seeing as I barely have time to look after the 205 and have a new Alfa 156 racing car to fiddle with it seems’ a bit pointless to keep it sitting there.

I have quite a few pounds worth of receipts for it and it’s MoT’d until July. Would I need to fit a cat back to it to get it MoT’d?

What’s the best place to advertise it other than Pistonheads? I’m not sure of the reception I’d get on any VW forums, as I’d obviously be a newbie trying to flog a big power claim on an unknown car. To an extent the car does speak for itself, and if anyone can recommend a suitable forum I’d be grateful.

I also don’t know how to value it. Certainly not worth what it’s cost but could I expect £3500.00 for it?

Thanks,

Justin.

Baz

I should think so yes, that price doesn't sound unreasonable for what is a tidy example of a Golf GTi, not messed about with but with alot more than usual under the bonnet, should be quite attractive!

craig_007

Very tidy,

I wouldn't have thought you would have to much trouble getting that sold on.

If I had the cash I would have certainly had it

Sam

Very nice bit of kit. Looks like a nice example too, very much a sleeper.

Justin

Thanks for the comments - it's advertised on Pistonheads but it may take a while to go unless I accept silly money for it - might give it a whirl on e-bay,

Justin.