• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
happygoron

Glovebox Removal

happygoron

As per topic title really, what's the easy way to remove it?! Lots of screwing wiggling, pulling and bashing and I got no where (and then I started on the car :)). Though seriously, I can't see how to do it without removing half the dash and I suspect I'm being thick. Wouldn't be the first time.

Anthony

Slightly difficult to explain, but basically open the glovebox, and reach inside to the rear corners to push back the stops which prevent the glovebox opening any further. This will allow the glovebox to open right out, and then you can sort of push upwards and pop it out of the cam shaped retaining part that it pivots on.

happygoron
Slightly difficult to explain, but basically open the glovebox, and reach inside to the rear corners to push back the stops which prevent the glovebox opening any further. This will allow the glovebox to open right out, and then you can sort of push upwards and pop it out of the cam shaped retaining part that it pivots on.

Sounds reasonable, will give it a go.

shalmaneser

Why are you removing it?

happygoron
Why are you removing it?

Had to get to the fusebox the other day and the lock had been seized for ages so I used my trusty master key. And a hammer. Got a spare to put on.

sceptre

I've broken the glove box on all three of my 205s when trying to remove them, my tip: just pull it really hard!