• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alex205vtr

Saxo Front Hub The Same As 205

Alex205vtr

Just a quick question,

I need a hub to plan my brake setup on, brackets and clearances etc.

I have a saxo complete front leg sitting around, is this identical to the 205 front hub?

It looks the same, just want to make sure, if so it will save me taking of the 205 hub -_-

Cheers

Alex

Daviewonder

They're different. Steering rack connects to different places. Connects to upright on saxo and hub assembly on 205.

Edited by Daviewonder

welshpug

it will suffice for your intentions, the offset of the hub is the same as base model and 1.9 gti, and the radius of the brake caliper mountings are the same.

Alex205vtr
it will suffice for your intentions, the offset of the hub is the same as base model and 1.9 gti, and the radius of the brake caliper mountings are the same.

Yeah thats what I thought, do you know what the difference is between the 1.6 and the 1.9 front brake wise?

The only reason I ask is because on several of the brake kits, which come with 4-pots and brackets etc (but not disks), the 1.9 is more expensive ? :lol:

Alex

welshpug

1.6 gti is vented bendix with 10mm taller offset discs than 1.9 girling caliper (1.9 is same disc as all vented saxo/106)

Alex205vtr
1.6 gti is vented bendix with 10mm taller offset discs than 1.9 girling caliper (1.9 is same disc as all vented saxo/106)

Excellent, thanks for you help welshpug, should hopefully be able to crack on with it now :lol:

ArthurH

We have stripped the bleed screw thread on the nearside Bendix caliper on our 1.6GTI.  We had been told that the alloy casting of a Saxo caliper is identical - we would just need to swap over the steel pad carriers.  Is that correct?  If so, what model Saxo should we be looking for?