• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

1.6 Gti Fuel Pump

markw

as above really i have a std intank fuel pump from my donor 1.6 gti, to fuel my m1/gti6 engine,

what pressure does the syandard pump run as, as we dont know if it will be man enough to supply fuel

for this 8k rpm sprint car engine.

I have done all the searches but not found what i needed

many thanks

mark

welshpug

its the pressure regulator that sorts the pressure not the pump, the reg in a gti is 3 bar.

what kind of bhp and CC is your sprint engine?

cheesegrater

I'm pretty sure the pump can go upto 7 bar.

markw

WP,

Its a 3bar fuel reg.

Engine spec is 1928cc, omega forged mi pistons, L&B and shot peened 8v rods and crank, billet steel flywheel, 71/4" helix clutch,

big catcams, solid lifters, double valve springs, vernier pulleys, jenveys with Audi TT injectors, emerald K6, 12.5-1 CR

1.9 gti gearset 4.4 CWP, gripper diff, tarmac spec front billies, 23mm rear T/B, 25MM ARB, group A rear shocks and beam mounts

310mm wilwood 4 pot front brakes. gti6 exhaust manifold into 2 1/2" stright through exhaust

hoping for 220-230bhp(fingers tightly crossed)

so the standard pump should be ok then?

Edited by markw

welshpug

I believe so, DrSarty's evoII was on a standard pump I believe, 240 bhp+200 lbft 2.2.

you may have issues with a tired pump, as well as fuel surge.

Miles

You'll see that easy from a std pump, it's even OK on a TT or Low boost Charged engine

Sign in to follow this