• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Any Good Aftermarket Gear Knobs Available?

Atari Boy

I am really struggling to locate a decent BE1 gear knob to replace the existing worn one on my 1.6.

I have a decent one on my track car however although a plastic one, not leather but I could swap it over.

This would then enable me to buy an aftermarket knob for my track 205, nothing nasty but something in keeping.

I have seen the Quaife ones and quite like them, is there another alternative that I have missed?

I stress, I am after something tasteful and not a chrome, LED ridden, phallic number.

Thanks

Jonny

m_attt

why not get it re-trimmed by a loacal upolster, cant see it being more than a decent replacement

Atari Boy

Sorry, I should have said that I have spoken to my local car re-upholster chap and he does not doing it as one has to 'pair down' the leather, which is not his bag. He put me on to a another chap that does steering wheels who does not do it either.

If anyone know someone that could re trim my existing know I would be interested.

swordfish210

I think Ed Cherry bought a Quaife gearknob, can't remember if he said it was any good though. Shame you havn't got a lathe as you could buy some Nylon rod (or i could give you the one i have lying around) and make your own.

Atari Boy

Thanks Swordfish for the offer, I only have a wood lathe and chisels - oh and I'm not very good with it yet either.

Anthony

I've got a Quaife gearknob on mine, and it's a nice bit of kit :lol:

The only slight downside is that it can show grime easily if you have dirty/oily hands.

miamichris

Can you not get a new gearknob from peugeot? :lol: Or are they NLA?

Atari Boy

Peugeot no longer stock stock the knobs.

Thanks Anthony, I think I saw a black ones availible which might deal the the dirt issue.

Batfink
I've got a Quaife gearknob on mine, and it's a nice bit of kit :lol:

The only slight downside is that it can show grime easily if you have dirty/oily hands.

You can get black ones or at least imitation ones.

Anthony

Fair enough - when I (or more accurately, the previous owner) got mine, I think that only white was available.

Black would certainly be better from a dirt point of view, and would look a little less out of place as mine does, being a standard(ish) looking interior

Atari Boy

Would THIS be easy enough to fit then? It has a M10 thread.

swordfish210

It's been a while since i had the gearknob off of mine but i think M10 might be a bit small and you may have to drill it out a bit to wack it on.

• Like 1

muddatrucker

I could do with something in Beige for my STDT as the leather is torn, I searched eBay and they all look atrocious!

Henry Yorke

post-3457-1294431537_thumb.jpg

I have one from a euro gentry on my CTI. It is leather and much nicer than the forward flung plastic number with the indents in it on the standard GTI

Atari Boy

^^^ I like that Henry, one if those would work.

stutto

I've also been looking as mine is currently held together by superglue.

I've seen two by Momo that are OK, IMO, IIRC the Quark and the Anatomic. At least one of these comes in two varieties, can't remeber which. Both are plain black with no markings.

Richie

I bit the bullet after i couldn't find a be1 lift up rev nob, got one off ebay for about £20 :P<_<

Daviewonder
post-3457-1294431537_thumb.jpg

I have one from a euro gentry on my CTI. It is leather and much nicer than the forward flung plastic number with the indents in it on the standard GTI

Looks the same as a 106 GTI one.

Ben_M

quote name='MerlinGTI' date='Jan 16 2011, 08:13 PM' post='1144176']

£50 :lol:

Can get a whole alloy stick/knob combo from constella for that (almost). Each to their own though + it is nice.

Yep the knob was a bit steep, but the red writing matched the red already in the car so the deal was done. The gear stick in the car is a constella one but it came with a really horrible crome round gear knob. Here is a pic

post-9391-1295208991_thumb.jpg

At the time I was looking I considered this gear knob aswell

post-9391-1295209146_thumb.jpg

I like this one also. But If I could of, I would have fitted the orginal knob to the constella gear stick.

JoshGti

9296_1_01.jpeg

I bought one of these, comes with all the fittings in a pack, 3 or so plastic sleeves (one of which is a cross pattern) which fits in nicely with the interior. Im not too bothered that is has no 1st, 2nd etc as im used to all that lark anyway

Daviewonder
9296_1_01.jpeg

I bought one of these, comes with all the fittings in a pack, 3 or so plastic sleeves (one of which is a cross pattern) which fits in nicely with the interior. Im not too bothered that is has no 1st, 2nd etc as im used to all that lark anyway

Looks like it came from an 80s Skoda. :lol:

JoshGti

Now in a 80's 205!

MerlinGTI

What I would imagine Kryten's bell end to look like!

kryten.jpg

• Like 1