• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TheHawk

Gti Interior In A 5 Door Gr

TheHawk

Hey there everybody i have a quick question i was offered a gti interior today from a friend of a friend who is breaking a gti. I was just wondering is the carpet and rear seats the correct size to fit in my 5 door GR.

All the best Dale

dumbiron

The rear seats will fit, i have 2 door rears in my GLD. No idea on the carpet though.

BERTMAN

all fits in fine, regarding the carpet if you turn it over, you will notice that there are 2 slits which you will need to open in order to clear the base of the 'b' pillar, obviously there in the middle where the b pillar would be!!.

Edited by BERTMAN

steve@cornwall

Carpet fits fine - you will need to make a cut in it to fix the front seatbelt mounts only IIRC, Front seats fit, too :) If you don't want them to be able to tilt, just swap subframes.

McDude
... Front seats fit, too :) If you don't want them to be able to tilt, just swap subframes.

Or remove the tilt mechanism from the existing subframe keeping just the runners. That'll give you a bit more headroom too.

TheHawk

Cheers guys you've been really helpful. Much appreciated!

TheHawk

Also if i were to change the door cards are the rear set same as the front? as if so i can pick up a second set of gti door cards?

dumbiron

5 door front doors are shorter than 3 door ones.

TheHawk

Ah ok thanks alot for your help!