• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

No Tacho?

edbar

After transferring all my engine and ancilleries into the xs from my 309 gti I have wondered which wire I would need to connect to get the tacho working. On the gti I had to connect the wire from the ecu to two wires off the original coil so the tacho would work. the coil is differant on the tu and so has a multi plug. I have cut the connector off and had a look in the haynes manual at the schematic diagram but with no success...

SAM_0120.jpg

Any ideas which wire would make it work or which combination. One of the large pale green ones kills the engine if connected so assume thats not one of them. Or I could be barking up the wrong tree altogether.

Any help is definately greatly appreciated as im s*ite with electrics.

Thanks

Edd.

stuart

A bit of a shot in the dark but the tacho kept blowing the fuse on my old xs and I think the problem was wire 112, got a feeling it was a grey one. This was about 6 years ago though so if it is that wire I'd be amazed!

edbar

Thanks Stuart, I'll check the fuses and try the grey one.

miamichris

I know these wires from fitting the 106 gti engine into my Xs. I need to look at the wiring diagram to be sure as it was a while ago.

Pretty sure stuart is right, the wire with number 112 is the tacho wire but I think it was blue from memory.

The green is most likely an earth.

One of the thicker wires will be ignition live, number 2 goes back to the fuseboard on the diagram so that may be it.

Wire number 2A goes to the ignition module on the Xs, from what I can see on the diagram.

Thats all I can gather at the minute without looking at the wiring on my car to see what I've connected to what, I can do that if you need me to but its very snowy outside so it won't be tonight :lol: