• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McDude

What Relays For The Wipers?

McDude

I know this has been covered before, but I can't find the answer in search.

Someone mentioned a while back about a change to the relay for the rear wiper so it goes to an intermitant rather than on all the time setting. It may even have been available on the later 205s. Ideally I'd like a very long gap between wipes.

Does anyone know the relay part? Also, dumb question, but is this relay in the box under hood near the bulkhead?

In the same thread I'm sure someone also mentioned the programable relay from Fiestas/Pumas could be used for the front wipers. Sounds like a neat upgrade.

Anthony

Rear wiper relay is in the boot next to the motor

The two relays in the engine bay are for the dim-dip system (all but very early Phase 1 models) and the airhorn (on 1.9 GTi models).

allye

I too have been looking for that old thread for a while! Simply plug in a relay from the front wiper system of a 205 or 306 in the rear and its intermitant!?

McDude

Thanks all - that wasn't the thread I was on about, the one I was thinking of had info about all sorts of 205 upgrades by scavenging parts from other Pugs and other brands altogether.

But that is even better info because I can now do a trial swap with the relays and see if I like it - thanks Graham.

I then need to find an old Puma or Fiesta to nick the relay from for the programmable intermitant wipe - thinking about it, that would be a super lush conversion for the rear wipe too.

Toddy

MkIII Golf relay which you can change the intermittent timing could be the one your thinking of?

GilesW
MkIII Golf relay which you can change the intermittent timing could be the one your thinking of?

That's what we all used to use on the Vauxhalls.

Think I might dig mine out and see if it fits.

For those that don't know - you can programme the intermittent speed by flicking it on and off (and on again) once for the frequency you want it to run at, and you can do this from constant 'slow', to (IIRC) 5 seconds.