• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CallumCurwood

1989 Washer Jets Packed Up

CallumCurwood

Hey guys. I need a little advice. When I first bought my 205 in March the lad said the washer jets sometimes doesn't work. They have been fine since I bought it but yesturday they just packed up. Anybody know if this is a common problem with a easy fix, eg a loose connection? Or is it anything that needs replacing.......

Cheers guys,

Callum ;)

welshpug

does the pump work? you say the washer "jets" so it may be that these are just blocked, they are cheap enough from Peugeot for new ones, they were used on the 306 too.

If its the motor that does not work then start by cleaning the contacts and the earth point close to it (also check the motor itself works by testing it remotely)

allye

welshpug+1

This has happened twice to me on two seperate cars. I think once was a bad connection as they corrode quite bad. If it is that then cut the old connectors out and put some new ones on. Test the motor by wiring direct to a battery. The other time for me was a knackered motor, cheap enough on ebay or scrappy! Rear 205 ones also fit the front so you could try that.

Ali

Anthony

Three usual issues:

1) Poor connection on the pump wiring connector (wipers will work, but no noise/whirring from pump)

2) Washer jets get blocked up (wipers will work and noise/whirring from pump)

3) Wiper stalk fails (neither wipers nor pump work)

Number 1 is by far the most common in my experience

JRL

frozen up maybe ? as Anthony said if its whirring then the pump is working and most likely not enough fluid or blocked.

CallumCurwood

Thanks for your advice guys. The screen wash had turned into a gunk somehow. I quick clean up and flushing it though fixed the problem :)