• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest chownr

Stripping Head Lining! Help Needed Please!

Guest chownr

Hi

Need to do this before I send my Pug off for a multipoint cage fitting. Has anyone attempted this before? Any hints or advice gratefully received!!, Any special tools needed?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Robbie G

Here is a thread I posted a while back that may help.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...&hl=roof+lining.

It seems that stripping it is easy enough, but getting it back on properly can be a bitofananus. I'd consider taking it to peugeot to get it back on properly, they wouldn't take too long to do it. Someone said they did it for them for free I think? Although I might be dreaming. Anyway read that thread, I didnt bother on mine. I only took it off a small bit and when I put it back on there were about five new rattles :P

Guest chownr

Putting back on wont be my problem because the cage fitters will do this for me, however, whats the best way to remove it then? Just start peeling from any corner (possibly using a steam stripper for good measure?) or are there any clips holding it in?

TIA

Rich

Robbie G

First u need to remove the roof console, sun visors, grab handles above doors and rear windows, and small black plastic blanking plates around the roof lining.

I think that's it but I can't be sure. Have a look at what might stop you removing it, and remove whatever it is. Others may be able to help more, try PM'ing one of the lads who've actually done the job from the thread I showed you and ask them.

RichE

It was me!

They did for me, but they only did it free cos they cocked up my exhaust manifold...

Guest Jon1T

I just ripped it off with my hands and it came out in one piece - after a lot of tugging (the headlining that is).....but I wasn't putting mine back in, so don't blame me if it goes wrong :P

Guest chownr

Thanks for your help people. Just finished getting the lining out (came out quite easily really. Just stripped the essential parts of the trimn, grab handles, sun visors and interior light and started pulling lining out. A bit of brut force requiired to prize it out but eventually hey presto, job done. Thanks a lot

Rich

Guest rodneyp

hey rich its ed here! just wondering how the alloys went? much of an improvement? is the rollcage going in the 1.6? ed

Sign in to follow this