• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

V6 Custom Mount Issue

Daviewonder

I recently bought a second hand custom top mount (SES) for a v6 installation but it doesn't fit properly. How many pieces should the mount be in? I recieved the top piece with SES machined into it and a block (big spacer) with two holes drilled through it that goes on the part of the mount that's to the outside of the cambelt cover. Am I missing a smaller spacer for the other side of the cambelt cover? The guy I got it from said the custom mount only consists of the top part and the other part is a custom part that someone else made up to lower the engine slightly?

Please help :)

welshpug

IIRC there's the large lump then two spacer pieces that go over both pairs of studs, so it sounds like you have a piece missing.

Edited by welshpug

Daviewonder

Yeah that makes sense mate, I need a pic of the 3 pieces to prove to the guy there's a piece missing now then :)

Cheers

welshpug

quite obvious there's a bit missing, as it wont work without it :)

welshpug

mount.jpg

12082009128.jpg

Daviewonder

Yeah I just wanted to be certain before I pm'd him.

Cheers mate.

RP1983

Where can you get these from new?

welshpug

I don't think you can any more.

Davie, the SES mounting you bought was off a mates 306 V6 package that got split up, the guy you bought it from has had the 406 mounting welded into his shell so should have all 3 bits available.

Daviewonder

He's gonna have a look at the engine tomorrow to see if the bits still on there, fingers crossed...

:)

welshpug

it should, be :lol: he PM'd me asking how many bits there were to it !

Daviewonder

All sorted :D

He just went and had a look and it's still on the engine. Thanks for your help Welshpug :lol:

thirdtimelucky

I've just ordered the material to make more of these, slightly different this time as they will be one piece, might save bits going missing :D . There should be 4 pieces to the mark 1 mount, the top plate with SES machined into it, short upright with 2 holes, long upright with 2 holes and a round spacer with 1 hole in it. I do have a mk1 mount left if anyone needs one now.

Paul.

RP1983
I've just ordered the material to make more of these, slightly different this time as they will be one piece, might save bits going missing :D . There should be 4 pieces to the mark 1 mount, the top plate with SES machined into it, short upright with 2 holes, long upright with 2 holes and a round spacer with 1 hole in it. I do have a mk1 mount left if anyone needs one now.

Paul.

Pm'd

whizzer71

So if you use one of these mounts when fitting a V6 engine does it allow you to use the original o/s inner wing mount without cutting & re welding etc ?

:lol:

welshpug

Forgot about the round spacer bit Paul!

yes Whizzer, drop straight in on that mounting :lol:

whizzer71

Do you still need to chop the subframe around ?

welshpug

yup :lol:

Daviewonder

Oh no looks like I'm missing the round spacer bit too then.

welshpug

DOH! sorry about that bit :lol:

thirdtimelucky
Oh no looks like I'm missing the round spacer bit too then.

The spacer is easy to make its just a piece of 50mm square or round bar, 15mm thick with a 10mm hole in the middle.

Sign in to follow this