• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
justinv

Tyre Selection

gtmotorsport

Fair comment, guess I am lucky that my tyre dealer is a friend and knows how I drive.

justinv

Ok this is getting quite complicated now :(

Basically I just use my 205 to go round with it in weekends and at the moments I am taking some parts off and replacing fixing stuff on it, so as regding tyres these do not need to be the best for track, more fast road use :D.

Also have to take into consideration that our roads have quite a large number of pot holes so tires have to have quite a hard side wall.

Was thinking about keeping the T1r's as these are quite good at this.

Any more feedback is welcome

welshpug

I found the Kumho's on DrSarty's now sold 1.9 8 valve phase 1 nice and predictable, reasonably quiet and coped with water well, though I didn't do too many miles in it so I don't know what the wear is like, they are a reasonable price.

I got on with them far better than the Toyo tyres.

I run PE2's on my car now, really nice feel to them, seem to be lasting well and handle wet conditions far better than any other tyre I've ever had.

ORB

I run Michelin tyres on all my cars. There is no exception to this rule. My GTI has Pilot Exalto 2's (195 50 15) and my Audi has Michelin Primacy's all round.

They last long, grip well and I feel confident in them. The Exalto's on the GTi are awesome, but yes, they are very expensive. One thing I hate to see is a quick car on s*it tyres. Pointless, you lose all of the feel of the car and they cant do the job you want them to. You would not put cheapo brakes on a car, and these are less important than your rubber.

(Pirelli are s*it.)

Alan_M

Has to be Eagle F1's for me, particularly for the road. Some time ago, I remember them selling via the internet for £35 a corner where a mass of 205 owners swooped on them and snapped the lot up. I checked the large number of alloys I have stashed and appears I have an abundance of F1s kicking about from used to nearly new state. Just don't run them on a trackday, half the reason why my 205 has 'Ring armco scuffs up the side :unsure:

Currently have Parada's on the 205, which are OK in the dry but totally woeful in the wet. Parada's/309 front ARB and plate diff are interesting in the rain.

Not tried many others, but I did have Bridgestone Potenza's on the BMW (RFTs) before swopping to non RFT Falken 452, a popular choice in BMW circles. They were pretty good, nicely predictable. Just that I destroyed the fronts in about 10k, but that seems to be a common them on 1 series.