• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alync406

Xu9j2 Piston Kit

alync406

I was looking at getting some 405 SRi XU9J2 flat top pistons for my 1.6 XU5JA rallycar to raise the compression ratio and was wondering would 0114 N6 be the right number for the flat top pistons as I believe the later engines used the same pistons as the 1.6?

Thanks,

Anthony

alync406

Anyone??

The part no. is for the engine re-jacketing kit. I am fairly sure that its the right part number. That part number 0114 N6 is for D6D and D6A up until a engine number. Then there is 0114 V5 for D6D from engine number. I dont know whether this would do either? There are other numbers for XU9J2 re-jacketing kit also but they are for DFV engine which is the low compression engine so it cant really be them.

pug_ham

I've got a set of these pistons minus rods if you're interested that came from either my old 405 SRi engine or a BX Tri engine I stripped ages ago.

Graham.

alync406

Thanks Graham, but I think I will go for the kit as it is not a bad price. I just wanted to make sure they would be the right type but I am fairly sure they should be anyway. A new gasket kit for my 1.9 that I rebuilt lately cost me €300 and the whole kit with pistons, liners, rings, gudgeon pins and gasket kit minus the head gasket is only about €200 or so more than that so I think it should be good value.

pug_ham

Ok, fair enough I wouldn't want much for them.

I've just looked on service box & can't say if you want the 0114V5 for the D6D or the 0114 N6 which also covers the D6D.

The engine's I stripped that had the flat top pistons in came from a 1991 405 1.9 SRi on MP3.1 & a 1989 BX TRi estate but that had a factory reconditioned engine fitted when I got it with less than 20k on.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this