• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grantley1988

Which Clutch Cable Do I Need?

grantley1988

Here are a few pics of my problem......

Left side=New clutch cable pedal end. Right side=Old clutch cable pedal end

IMG00477-20101104-1629.jpg

Left side=Old clutch cable Gearbox end. Right side=New clutch cable gearbox end

IMG00479-20101104-1629.jpg

Clutch cable lenghts. Old clutch cable is the long one

IMG00480-20101104-1630.jpg

Can any of you guys help? Whats going on? Do i have the wrong cable?

Sorry for the quality of pics they were from my phone!

Edited by grantley1988

stuart1298

I work for ecp, whats the part number they gave you, and reg, from memory the pedal end, if plastic is for power steering models, the metal end is for manual steering, pics wont load on my comp at work,

Anthony

I don't immediately recognise the cable they've supplied you, but it's certainly not right - pedal end looks BE3 like, but it's far too short (LHD maybe) and the clutch end doesn't look right either.

Anthony
I work for ecp, whats the part number they gave you, and reg, from memory the pedal end, if plastic is for power steering models, the metal end is for manual steering, pics wont load on my comp at work,

PAS vs non-PAS makes no difference, it's based on the age of the car and thus what gearbox and pedal box is fitted.

There's three cables - early BE1 (upto '88), late BE1 ('89 to early '90) and BE3 (early '90's onwards)

I'm not quite sure on when the BE1 cables changed, but certainly Phase 1 cars are the early type, and late Phase 1.5's are the later type.

dale205mills

I dont bother with clutch cables from moto facters no more as I have nerver had one fit and I swear people swap them around in the plastic bag and return for a refund, then the part go's back into the system to be sold again. I use main dealer most of the time but I do buy MOTAQUIP from there own parts shop as they supply peugeot parts to main dealer and peugeot add money on top.

Edited by dale205mills

grantley1988

stuart1298

OE number 215099

length 1560 mm

seems to be for 88-91

pm me ur reg and i will double check for ya, well try to

stuart1298

If poss email me the pics, stuartdowers@googlemail.com, i can pic them up on my mobile n chek that way

Tom Fenton

I don;t understand why people bother with GSF or ECP for things like this, the amount of stuff people seem to get supplied wrong is ridiculous. My local motor factor will get the catalogue out with pictures and dimensions so we are 99% sure we are ordering the right thing, they can then get probably 90% of the stuff I've ever wanted later that day, or otherwise the next day.

Now don't get me wrong, I do use GSF from time to time, but only for certain things that are good value from there. Run of the mill filters cables etc are cheaper from the factor, and quicker to get hold of usually too. I fell out with ECP some years ago and will not use them out of principle.

jackherer
seems to be for 88-91

That shows how laughable ECP's system is, between 88 and 91 there were ALL THREE different cables fitted to 205s.

welshpug

Old cable looks like a Later BE1 as Anthony said, and I haven't a clue what the cable they have supplied is for.

Current servicebox data for BE1;

2150 71 CABLE-CLUTCH - XU AND LEFT HAND DRIVE UNTIL DATE 1988 07 01

E 074 322 CLUTCH CABLE - XU AND LEFT HAND DRIVE UNTIL DATE 1988 07 01 AND AGE >= 5

2150 73 NFP CABLE-CLUTCH - XU AND RIGHT HAND DRIVE UNTIL DATE 1988 07 01

2150 96 - XU AND LEFT HAND DRIVE SINCE DATE 1988 07 01

E 074 329 CLUTCH CABLE - XU AND LEFT HAND DRIVE SINCE DATE 1988 07 01 AND AGE >= 5

2150 97 NFP CABLE-CLUTCH - XU AND RIGHT HAND DRIVE SINCE DATE 1988 07 01

2150 68 - CARBURETTOR AND LEFT HAND DRIVE UNTIL DATE 1988 07 01 EXCEPT XU

2150 89 NFP- CARBURETTOR AND LEFT HAND DRIVE SINCE DATE 1988 07 01 EXCEPT XU

(the "E" part numbers IIRC are Eurorepar, which is a budget dealer supplied brand, though not all dealers sell them, many do Motaquip instead)

Stuart is correct with the PAS/non PAS distinction BTW, chekc out Miamistu's copy of the older parts files, the part number given (2150 99) is indeed for a RHD post 07 1988 BE1 non PAS car, this number has been dropped in favour of the PAS cable shown above, which is NFP anyway.

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/2/21H20A.HTM

hence people going to GSF/ECP for them..... (I found this 5 years ago with my 89 BE1 equipped car)

Edited by welshpug

stuart1298

ECP do have crap systems, i will be the first to admit it, alot of it comes from experience, and if the people even care, i always do my best, but some people dont..., but i am on the forum and will give as much help as possible on here,

grantley1988

Rang up the local motor aids this morning at 9. Told him what i needed and he new what cable i needed. He said he could get the part within an hour :rolleyes: picked it up (£5 cheaper than ECP!) And the job is done :lol: Was abit tight with the turbo being right in the way but managed to get it done in 30mins :lol:

I will be using the motor aids place every time now!

miamichris
Rang up the local motor aids this morning at 9. Told him what i needed and he new what cable i needed. He said he could get the part within an hour :rolleyes: picked it up (£5 cheaper than ECP!) And the job is done :lol: Was abit tight with the turbo being right in the way but managed to get it done in 30mins :lol:

I will be using the motor aids place every time now!

Bet you'll be going to your motor factor from now on!

It helps when you have a good one that double checks parts etc like Tom said, my local one is great and they always go out of their way to help me out, so does the parts guys at the Peugeot dealer I use aswell actually!

Sign in to follow this