• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
burr_2000

Oil Pressure Reader

burr_2000

hey folks looking for ideas on where to take oil pressure readings on the TU engine and best place to get a gauge thats simple to hook up.

cheers,neil

drmo

Replace the standard oil pressure sensor on front of the block. We did an adapter for the new sensor which came with the gauge from Stack.

Edited by drmo

burr_2000

i am struggling to find m16 t piece.

miamichris

Was thinking about doing this myself in my XS, now I have the 16v in, I'd like to keep an eye on the oil pressure.

Doesn't seem too hard, just buy one of the gauges below for example, fit the adaptor where the oil pressure warning switch is on the block then screw both the oil pressure sender and warning switch back in and run the wires to the gauge I presume?

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/INSTRUME...CFU824wodTCw_iw

Where were you thinking of mounting it, I can't think of anywhere tidy and standard looking, unless I changed the clocks for gti ones which has the oil pressure gauge already there? ...Actually thats quite a good idea :)

Does anyone know can you use the 8v gti mushroom type sender on a tu engine if you use one of these T pieces and changed the clocks to gti ones?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/..._Piece/812/1861

On searching I found the thread sizes too, although the block thread size would need to be checked, as I think thats for an Mi engine.

"Seem to be M16 x 1.5 on the big thread in the block, and the oil-pressure sender from the XU9 engine is M10 x 1.0. is the size I beleive according to BlackMi16:D

You need a big crush washer also, otherwise it leaks out the block "

EDIT: From doing the 16v conversion I seem to remember there being an oil pressure wire on the 106 gti loom, so I think if I wired that in with a set of gti clocks then I would have an oil pressure gauge, what engine are you running Neil?

Edited by miamichris

swordfish210

Chris is correct, it's an M16x1.5 thread and i bought my T-piece from Merlins. I had to get my piece shortened by 20mm though to take the switch away from the exhaust manifold a bit.

Lan

I did this on my xs saves buggering about, I used two of the three available takeoffs one for pressure one for temperature its not the cheapest option but it is easy

burr_2000

its a TU3 engine, so i will need to find a short t piece aswell, mark did you just cut it shorter yourself?

swordfish210

I didn't actually do it as i didn't have access to a lathe at the time otherwise i would have. Just part it off 20mm shorter and run a tap down the hole, easy.

burr_2000

looking at demon tweeks t piece there aint a lot you can take off.i noticed you dont really get kits though to suit the TU engine, so you have to buy t piece seperate and then hose. i might see if one of engineering companys next to me has 1/8npt braided hose. my sender is 1/8 npt male, the hoses on the demon tweeks website does not offer you choice of male or female ends,so i am taking it the NPT end is male and BSP is female as only way it can work.