• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

205 On Track On Fith Gear

happygoron
The way Needell talks you would think he was a five time Formula One world champion, when in reality he won a couple of F3 races and never completed an F1 grand prix. He epitomises everything that people dislike about car enthususiasts, pretentious, overly enthusiastic, dull and full of cheesy one liners.

I would put Brundle in the same camp too, I find him massively irritating when he talks about F1 as though he has only just retired from a glittering career spanning several world championships. Would much rather listen to Eddie Irvine or even Coulthard!

Tiff Needell appears to be a very good driver with a decent but unspectacular record. I think Clarkson rates him as one of the best drivers he know, not that that means a lot.

Brundle however is a different kettle of fish, he's a VERY sucessful driver. Close second to Senna in F3, 12 years in F1 though without a win but plenty of podiums with teams like bennaton and mclaren. Then in sportscars he's a world sportscar champion and Le Mans winner. Not a bad career, and more than qualified to discuss f1!

muddatrucker

Clarkson is like a Dad that your friends find funny, Tiff Needell is like a Dad that your friends think is a tosspot.

tommybGTI

That was me on fifth gear B)

http://www.tombarleymotorsport.com/

heres the clip = http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/featu...trackday-trophy

Was a good race, he said "now i've shaken the 205 off" infact i was third and lapping about 2 seconds a lap quicker than him when a wire came off the coil - game over!

Good fun though

Tom.

Edited by tommybGTI