• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyjonesy205

1.6 Gti Best Carb Options

rallyjonesy205

Hi guys im looking at carbing my engine as im getting annoyed wth the engine with the standard inlet system. im building the car to full rally stage spec. it has a big valve and ported polished skimmed head with a fast road cam and vernrier pulley.

Im after any ideas and the best place to go to get it done. or supplied as a im a mechanic just dont know what is best for this option.

cheers before hand

Jonesy

205freak

Go for 45 or 50 weber carbs it would be my choice!!

j_turnell

On a 1600 i wouldnt go for either of those a set of 40's will do the job just fine. But tbh if i was you i'd save the hassle of carbs, get some more cash and go management and throttle bodies. With it being a rally car it will be more reliable and you'll be able to map it spot on giving you much better driveability.

rallyjonesy205

yer the 40 is the way i was thinking, or the throttle bodies. i did think bout using a set of bike carbs just dont know which would be best for the money spent. i dont really want to throw thousands at this point as only just starting up, would be a little wasteful at the moment. cheers guys has given me more to think about i think will nee to see how much i got realisticly to spend on this part of the project.

Jonesy

Sign in to follow this